ahcccs in Arizona

edited July 2011 in Current Events
So I get a letter in the mail from Ahcccs stating that as of july 7, 2011 no new applications will be accepted because they are currently freezing the ahcccs care program.. im due july 24th but doctor feels like I wont last another week so does that mean my unborn child will not be getting covered for insurance???

Comments

• Have you already sent in your application??
  • I already receive it for me and my 3yr old I was confused rather my unborn will get it to =\… @1stwoodsbaby
  • Omg are u serious?! Did they say y?
  • @damiens_mommy09 yes due to budget crisis in Arizona :/
  • I think your entire hospital stay should be covered but after that I'm not sure like your baby's pediatrician. Do you still have that big booklet they give you that explains things??
  • Yes I still have it... my biggest concern is my child not being covered witch will suck @MrsForesee
  • Omg :/ that sucks I was counting on that at least for my baby @iheartkarma
  • I know @Damiens_mommy09 im going to have to look into it because I rather my kids be covered then myself.
  • Yeah. Not sure they will "grandfather " your child in. :( I know it's not all Jan Brewer 's fault but it sucks all she's agreed to cut.
  • @Mrsforesee I know so many changes going on its starting to become overwhelming.
  • @iheartkarma I kno exactly what Yu mean ..ima have to look into it too .. I mean they can't deny kids jus like that
  • when did u get this letter in the mail? I'm due July 18 nd haven't heard about that from anyone
  • All these so called cuts r driving me nuts! I don't see politicians or high ranking officers taking pay cuts... they make 100,000 a year! Something doesn't seem right!
  • I agree and @0911mommyof2 I got it today..
  • Omg keep me posted I'm worried too. :(
  • If my baby comes today or Monday guess ill find out first. Ill let u all know. I'm up in labor now.. induction scgeduled Monday.
  • were are u from? is this only happening in certain citys of az? if u know...lol.
  • I'm in buckeye I just renewed our insurance I havnt heard anything by ill b waiting
  • @azmom yes please keep us updated and hope u have a safe easy labor =D im in phoenix and received the letter.. if you already receive it you should keep receiving it if you met the states qualifications... there just currently freezing the program to new applicants...
  • OOops sorry that labor comment was meant to @mama_busy_bee (*)
  • Im in phoenix too. I got the same letter too. But I never thought about that, im due in october
  • @lolasbabynum1 yeah its something to look into.
  • I'm in Glendale....haven't gotten any letter yet. I better f'n be covered when I have my baby in September! Grr!
  • @stacyrae if your already a member you will remain a member unless you no longer met their qualifications ... and even if you wasn't I believe they have a special program for pregnant women called baby Arizona or something like that it supports pregnant women who are in need of health insurance but again you would have to met their qualifications as well... my biggest conc
  • Sorry my biggest concern is for the new born babies that are being born I hope they will be covered especially if there parents are.