nail polish on baby??

edited July 2011 in First time moms
Soo I'm bored and change my daughter to much and already have a billion pictures of her. I need to do something new.. can you paint newborn nails? If not her finger nails then her toes? She's only a week old.. I don't want her to get sick from sucking on her hand or anything bad to happen..

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I did a quick Google search and kid safe nail polish is very expensive. I wouldn't put any regular polish on her though.
  • i wouldnt either..their skin is so sensitive and it just not worth the risk. good luck.
  • I thought about waiting till she was like a year or two years old. But I wouldn't either.
  • I wouldn't either. Because nail polish comes off so easily and their hands and fingers are always in their mouths. Not to mention that awful chemical you have to use to get it off.
  • Wouldn't do it.
  • NooooOo u can if u get non toxic but its very expensive
  • @Mama_Kat @potato @pukashell824 @excitedforbaby @laura536 @blueberrymom @bri2186 @Babyluv_3 thanks ladies. Ill be passing on painting her nails for a while. ill just have to go garage saling and get more clothes to dress her up in :)
  • @minirip Goodwilling is fun, too! I love going to Goodwill and finding deals. I found two pairs of maternity pants that fit well and had room for me to grow for $.99 each because it was a red tag day!
  • Nope my sister tryed and the doctor told her don't do it again they put fingers in there mouths and when u take it off it lingers too
  • They told me that it can stain the babies nails if you try that you should try to nap when se does believe me in a couple of weeks she will be up and awake like my baby girl lol
  • Lol you have lots of time to paint her wittle nails. Don't worry. :-D
  • After theyre 6 months i did toes. Its such a tiny amount.
  • @minirip- buy cute hats!!! and little bows :) those will make some really cute summer pictures
  • @Mama_Kat emily has so many bows and hats. I love dressing her up it keeps me busy and entertains me.

@potato I love goodwill!! I love shopping for emily in general haha

@bri2186 I can't wait for her to grow up :) but at the same time I can because this week has already flew by.. pretty soon she's going to be crawling and then walking.. and I'm sure daddy will looovee when I introduce her to mani's and pedi's hah

@grissy_barria I swear I have the best baby evr! She's so content and barely crys. We call it her taradactul cry because she gives one shrill cry and that's all. But don't get me wrong she's had a couple good crys. I hope she stays content and happy like she is now. I try to nap with her as often as I can but sometimes just can't sleep. Everyone made it out to sound like I would be super tired all the time and this would be difficult but so far I'm in heaven, but maybe it will change?

@BeautifulOne I know she's just so cute and fun.

@pukashell824 I think I've had her wear almost all of her newborn outfits already just to take pictures.. haha she's not always a fan of bows but hats are good. And daddy doesn't like bows cuz he feels bad when she pulls it down over her face. Ha
  • That's good my baby wa just like her when he was a baby she never cried lol and at night she would sleep at like 11 and wake up around 4 the nurses in the hospital were shocked how well she slept all night but now that she is 8 weeks she is more alert and awake and cries and make the cutest baby noises hehe
  • @grissy_barria yea my baby girl has been staying awake longer now, up to two or three hours now. I hope she stays content and happpy.
  • I know its hard bc she is your little baby doll but no way not even her toes. I hate to even see nail polish on my god daughters nails and she is three but to each their own.
  • @nelsbrandon I'm going to take everyones advice and not do it. Ill find other fun things to do with her :)