my breast r so sore...wat do i do

edited July 2011 in Breastfeeding
Ok so it seems tht every since thy circumcised my son he doesn't wana eat frm me...now my milk is jus startn to cum n but he still won't latch...and my milk is jus building up it hurts so bad I've tried hot compress cold compress massage evn tho tht hurt really bad...but none of ths had seemed to work...n baby still won't latch any ideas on how to ease the pain

Comments

• Put a wet warm wash cloth across them.
  • Do you have a pump? ??
  • @mybabe nope u was thinkn the same thng...since my son won't feed off me the hospital is giving me one for free but it won't b here til Wednesday I'm thinkn to jus call the lactation doctr tomar bcuz at ths point I really dnt kno wat to do
  • Hand express your milk to help with the engorgment for now.
  • Cabage leaves in your bra
  • Cabbage leaves will dry her milk out completely. My friend has done that with both pregnancies.
  • They have these gel nursing pads called lansinoh soothie gel pads that you freeze and can use over and over. They're like $12 at walgreens they're AMAZING!!!
  • edited July 2011
    Stupid phone posted multiple times sorry.
  • I would call a lactation consultant
  • @beautiful_altar looks like I'll b doing that first thng n the am

@steph_due_101608 does it take the pain away bcuz at ths point he's not latchn n I'm n so much pain I cry
  • @beauty0710
    I gave birth last Sunday, I started out bf for 2days and his jaundice kicked in, we've been bottle feeding ever since. I am semi engorged, but I have a pump. A hot shower should let some milk down, enuff for u to hand express or try to get him to latch again.
  • @jaime77 I've tried the hot shower still nuthn...ths mornin I tried the hot compress thn tried to get him to latch while he was hungry but still nuthn...I am leaking a little bit of colostrum tho n he still won't get on