white blood cells in urine, what could it be? :(

edited July 2011 in Health
Ok ladies so I'm 29 + 3 days my doctor wants me to rotate and meet the other docs in the practice so the past few appts I've been meeting docs I hate. So today I go in for my 1 hr glucouse test and when I'm in with the doc he tells me there is white blood cells in my urine, he doesn't explain what that means or talks about it more just says he will order lab work( my regular doc always explains everything to me since I'm a first time mom). Then he leaves the room comes back and ask me if I've been having any pain on my right side cuz it could be my liver I say no what does that mean he says I don't know ill just do test and leaves. I hate him I have not had any other complications and now I'm worries. Anyone know what it could be :-ss ?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I THINK white blood cells fight off infections.. I wouldn't get worried until the test comes back though and you know for sure.
  • White blood cells will raise when fighting infection...infection can range from uti to kidney stones and on and on. Don't stress! But i think i would complain about the Dr and his crappy bedside manner.
  • White blood cells can be infection or inflammation...they will likely culture the urine to see if bacteria are present...if not, women can get a sterile cystitis which is inflammation in the bladder with no infection...you can get microscopic red blood cells or white blood cells or both...you can't tell much about the liver in the urine, he may be worried about your gallbladder which causes pain in the right side and gallbladders that don't empty well are common in preggos :) if you are feeling well, do not stress :) he doesn't sound good at his job :/
  • Thanks ladies, I hope its nothing big. I have been feeling fine no pain at all so ill try not to worry anymore. I will deff complain to my doctor about him that man sucks!
  • Turned out to be low iron count and slight anemia. Thank you ladies for your input you guys really calmed me down ;)
  • At my last appointment they had gotten the results from my 1hr glucose and told me that my white blood cell count was a little high so I have to go get blood work done to see if I have HIV!!!! WTF?! the damn doctor didn't explain anything to me so now I'm effin scared and stressed until my stupid doctors appointment next monday!
  • @ chels excuse my language but, stupid f'ing doctors! Please don't stress out hun until you actually know something is wrong cuz the stress can affect the baby I know its easier said then done cuz I was stressed and thinking the wrost last week. I'm not really sure what white blood cells could mean in blood but ill keep you in my prayers. I really wish docs would not stress us out until they know what the problem is and that it actually is the wrost case scenario and explain things to us!
  • @fallen05 Same exactttt thing happened to me last Wed!! She came in and told me I had traces of blood in my urine and elevated white blood cells then asked if I had any symptoms (I don't). She said okay, they were sending it to the lab, and that was it! I'm still waiting for my results :(