nervous about m/c agsin

edited February 2011 in First Trimester
Just Found out we're pregnant again... we miscarriage last October. How do I get past the nervousness of miscarriage again???

Comments

• Don't stress. I have had 2. The 1st one was with twins and the 2nd one a month before I got preggo with my son. And now I'm preggo with my with a little girl.
  • So did you have 2 m/c before a successful pregnancy??? Do u know y u m/c???
  • Yes 2 m/c before my now 15 month old son. Nope no idea.
  • @awhaley28540 Not to take over @kjo83's thread but I am actually glad I stumbled upon this. I just m/c'd on February 3rd! :-(( But I am definately optimistic that the next time we conceive it will stick.

Question: I don't know why I m/c'd this time either and I was wondering if you did anything differently with your 1st successful pregnancy, for example I am thinking of taking additional folic acid supplements along with my prenatals next time to reduce the chances of genetic disorders that could possibly lead to 1st trimester losses .
  • I misacrried in August and today I am 6 wks 4 days pregnant. I have experienced a lot of anxiety fearing that the same thing will happen again, but I am trying to stay positive. My husband has been wonderful and my doctors have been amazing. As soon as I got a positive result from a home pregnancy test, I called my doctor and we scheduled an appointment. They took blood, did a pelvic exam and a transvaginal ultrasound. We repeated the bloodwork for a week until my hcg level was above 2000. Then I had another transvaginal ultrasound to determine how far along I was (which was a week ago yesterday, and I was not as far along as I thought I was) and they determined I was 5 wks 3 days! I have another transvaginal ultrasound tomorrow to hopefully see a heartbeat. Ask your doctor about doing things like that to help ease your mind, that's why they are doing all of these things for me. Just take it one day at a time and try to stay positive!
  • I did nothing different. Except I prayed every night to the Lord to make sure my baby would be ok. He is a healthy little booger. I'm 20 weeks with a girl. I have no fears. All I do is look at my son
  • I am also feeling nervous, I had a mc in June. I did change my dr because my last one was horrible. I love my new dr but I went in last week to get my hcg levels checked and she said I'm not as far along as I thought I was. My next appt isnt until mar 28th and shes gng to do another us, but I think that is too long to wait. When I mc I never bled or spotted so I am a nervous wreck.
  • I talked to my dr and she key me have 3 ultrasounds and I'm only 11 weeks. I miscarried and found out 6 weeks later I was pregnant again so it has been so nice to see my little peanut so many times! I'm going for my nucle tomorrow so I get to see him/her again :)
  • I understand how you feel I had a MC in october at nine weeks and I found out on Valentine's day that I'm pregnant again.. I was really excited and been really worried I been having nightmares.... so I know exactly what your going through.... we just have to stay positive...
  • I had a miscarriage in September 2010 and got pregnant again in December. I'm 11 weeks this week. You always will be nervous about miscarriage, just try to take it a day at a time. I was able to get my doctor to see me every 2 weeks for u/s just for confirmation, but I also just turned 39 so I'm in the high risk range. I do have 2 boys (6 and 10). Good luck with your pregnancy.
  • Hi ladys, i have miscarried a numerous amount of times,i am also currently pregnant with a very healthy baby. I am high risk because as it turns out i have many problems but my doc says that 1 miscarraige is extreamly norm and even 2 in some cases. I know it hurts but just stay positive and look forward not back theres nothing that can take away what happened. If u keep tryin like my husband and me either they will find out whats wrong or ull hav a baby... Best of luck women out there
  • I had a miscarriage back I'm July 2010 and I was so depressed about it it caught me by surprise because I was a healthy 22 year old. When I lost my baby the doctor explained to me that a miscarriage is caused when the x and y chromosomes do not connect well and the body rejects the embryo I also asked my aunt that is a nurse at a obgyn clinic and she also said the same thing and in some cases the body doesn't reject the embryo but its a 90 % chance your baby will have down syndrome so that's why a miscarriage happens to some ladies
  • Great stories ladies... easing the worry a bit!!! We're sooo excited! Good luck to all! Xo
  • ..Mama you're gonna worry no matter what if you've had one b4... I had two and now I'm 17 weeks and every day is another day of worrying... everyone says not to stress but it's so hard wondering if today will be.the.day you start to bleed all I can say is keep your head up if its meant to be then it will work out... good luck and god bless
  • I had 6 miscarriages 4 before my daughter and 2 after all you can do is take oneday at a time and if u believe in god prayer really helps. I'll be 15wks tommorow and pray everyday for another miracle.