restraunt banning children 6 & under

edited July 2011 in Parenting
Thoughts on this?

Im kinda in a dilemma.
It bothers me when parents don't control their children and let them act like they are at a zoo(and they are the monkeys), but I have a 5 year old who is constantly being reminded to use her inside voice and you can't really expect parents to put a shock collar on their kids or put them on a leash because afterall they ARE children.
Would this cause a loss of your business?
Do you think its discrimination?

Comments

• For certain restaurants yes..or maybe a no children after 6 pm policy?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love it! I agree with @mrs_shu that the after 6pm policy may make it sound patron friendly so people don't get offended. But I think its great to be able to go to a nice restaurant and not have to worry about someones kids. It doesn't offend me at all.
  • I don't know, if its some 5 star, dress code enforced type place sure why not, but not your normal places
  • @mschop I believe it said it was a casual restraunt..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I dont go to a place without my 2 yr girl, im not offended by it. I think its great, I usually prefer going to a kid friendly place even though my girl is well behave.

I can understand ppl trying to have a good time without having to be bothered by someone elses kid throwing a scene. They are paying money to have a good time!

I love kids places lol
  • @rubi1989 what do you consider kid friendly?
  • Chukecheeses, monkeyjoes, pizza places, arbys, chikfilla, etc...
  • edited July 2011
    I guess thats the problem i have with the situation.. Once a week I get to take a break from cooking and we go out to eat..I want my kids to be able to enjoy different foods that arent low quality.. To me pizza and cheeseburgers or chicken nuggets arent my idea of a nice meal.. Thats feeding them crap..
    My kids (except my 5 year old who recently lived with her grandmother who gave her no rules or boundaries) behave rather well in public and I think its sad that I cant have a good meal without cooking because I have kids. . and even then my kids cant be with me when I do. How are children suppose to know how to act at these establishments if they arent exposed to them?
  • I think that as a business owner it should be at their discretion. although i am sure it's not an easy decision- i mean they have to think about who all attends their restaurants, is it going to effect income, etc. i know that even though kids have meltdowns and otherwise it's just not nice to go to a very nice sit down meal and hear a 4 year throwing a fit about why they don't serve cheese only pizza at this nice italian establishment.
    on the flip side, i also agree with @amyduh. How are kids ever supposed to learn how to act if they are not given the chance. then again, there are always other restaurants to go to. i was sad to admit (i didn't even realize it to be honest, until my dad pointed it out) that my kids hadn't even been to a restaurant until they were 4 and 5 yrs old!!!! we don't have the money and hubby and i just aren't the type of people to go to restaurants. we were more likely to stay home, play games and order pizza.