first response gold!!

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Anybody experience a false positive on this test I Googled it and that's all I saw, false positives reviews

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Got blood work last week said negative told. Me to come back in a couple weeks sooooo idk :(
  • Yeah my one Dr would give me a blood test when I was 3 weeks late. Which I wasn't that time but I didn't get a positive result until I was 5 weeks late
  • Oh I did the gold then I went to get blood work and it was negative so I Googled that particular test
  • Yep that's why I'm lost
  • Get the digital...it showed positive on me & I was only 9 days after I conceived.
  • I tested positive with the gold test, clear blue and a generic one...then my bloodwork was pos the next day. I found out really early and started my period a week later. this is the moment I learned about chemical pregnancy. sometimes when you test really early you get a ppt because the hormone is in your system within hours of the egg being fertilized. 60°/° of the time the fertilized egg doesnt implant so your hormone level drops within a week and you start af...its a type of very early miscarriage where the pregnancy was never viable in the uterus...usually caused by a chromosomal abnormality btw the egg and sperm. testing early is great for ppl that need to know asap bc of health issues but it has its downfalls. I would test again with other brands before assuming it was a false pos...
  • Ive always had really good luck with the first response preg test. With all of my preg I knew a couple days b4 I missed my period. Good Luck!
  • Thanks ladies I know sooner then later sent the hubby out to get 3 diff test ill keep u guys posted
  • Stay away from blue dye tests. They are notorious for false positives and evaporation lines. I got a false positive from a blue dye (target brand). I will only use pink dye or digital tests from now on. Good luck to you!
  • I didnt either til it happened to me...glad I could help.