Anyone else tired of being treated like this?

(meant with a grain of sarcasm) [..] Pregnancy isn't a disease. It isn't a handicap or a disability. Isn't it amazing that pregnant women can still hold jobs, exercise, drink caffeine in moderation, mother other children, and yes, even lift and fold laundry? I know, I know, it's crazy right? I mean, really, being pregnant necessitates having to stay in bed in all the time...and god forbid should you try to lift anything! I am really tired of being treated like I'm knocking on death's door because I'm pregnant. Trust me, I can handle pushing in this chair. Now if you'll excuse me, I got up at 5:00 a.m. to go for a run, so now I'm going to enjoy this small cup of coffee and perhaps stretch with my arms above my head...

Comments

• OMG i know how you feel, im so pissed of everywhere i go they treat me like if i am disabled O_o , even my mom, i went over her house yesterday so my daughter could see them since she loves her grandparents, my daughter was crying and i was about to get up to see what happened and my mom made me sit back down and sent my husband instead, he works all day, i dont expect him to be doing everything when he gets back home.. my mom wants him to be my slave just because im pregnant >.< SMH
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wish I was treated a lil like that when I was pregnant. @work my boss didn't care for me at all, and being a single mom it was up to me to do every chore and errand by myself. Although I can understand your frustrations, some ladies are lucky!!
  • @gatorbob: okay, the laundry thing I don't really mind, I'll be honest. ;) ...but DAMN I want to drink my coffee and exercise without getting the evil eye from the teenage barista! @-)
  • I live in a second story apartment so I love it when my husband gets the laundry or takes out the garbage. I still do these things, but I get tired so damn easily. I went to two fabric stores with my mom yesterday and when I got home I was so worn out I slept for 4 hours!
    Having people tell me I can't drink a large coffee or bleach my hair annoys the Hell out of me tho >_>
  • @gatorbob: love it! I seem to enjoy handling problems the most difficult way possible.
  • i get treated the same it sucks i dont like anybody making me feel like im not suppose to lift a finger little does anyone know i still move funiture around; (couches, beds, tables, u name it) at 39weeks lol ive cleaned my house from top to bottom inside and out for the past 3weeks and im perfectly fine! (=
  • @0911mommyof2: good for you! Not only will I not shake my head at you, I will commend you for living! >:D<
  • hahaha im tired as hell and look like i swallowed the worlds largest beach ball but when i have the energy im on it lol i thought id for sure go into labor early but no here i am at 39weeks not even dialated i dont even get contractions thank goodness for inductions though cause id be pregnant forever!
  • Honestly nobody treated me like that with my entire pregnancy, I kinda wished they did, like hold doors, give me their place in line hahah but no I haven't got a single privilige. My husband is the one who treats me sensitively but not to the point I'm disabled although I always use pregnancy as a excuse to get glass of water or something lol. To me iits time to be spoiled a little bit:)
  • I even get lazy parking in regular parking spots, I think I should have disbility sticker! Hahaha
  • You ladies are so lucky my fiance couldn't care less that I'm 33weeks weeks pregnant...I have to beg him to help me do anything..
  • I wish I could carry stuff or move it.... I'm only 28weeks and my back constantly hurts :(