choosing a room at the hospital?

edited July 2011 in Giving birth
When do I get to.choose the type of room I want at the hospital I'm delivering at? I pre-registered online & it didn't ask what kind of room I would like to be in for when I deliver ;/

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • good question. if you pay extra out odd pocket you get fancier rooms @mamakat
    it depends what rooms they have available when your ready to go to your post part room.
  • I would call your hospital and ask. All the rooms at mine are the same, so I didn't have to think about that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Uhh we.didnt have the option to choose, but there were 2 rooms that were the best and I got one of them.I didnt deliver there because I ent up having a c section. When I was recovering they put me in a tiny storage looking labor and delivery room. My hospital was also doing construction.
  • I just had a hospital tour, they told me that I can request a room with a window . If it is available they will give it to me. First you go evalation room than they move you to labor and delivery room which is very nice room than very very small recovery room. You can't choose recovery room plus its very small. That's my hospital thou.
  • edited July 2011
    Wow! so with my oldest i had to share a room which sucked so I heard about this new hospital that was built here...went on a tour but they were doing renovations so i didn't get a good look. but the nurse said they'll be done before i deliver.. so
    all the delivery rooms are the same here..which are nice but important having a csection..
    but Omg the "suites" for post partum have jaccuzzi tubs, separate rooms for the rooms, room service, and massage therapists.. and they record your babys birth and first few days of life..
  • I never got to pick but the room I delivered in I stayed in for recovery too