My csection. (documentary)

13»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Alrighty.
    So after I spoke with the spinal guy and my doctor, the nurses made me drink this really nasty stuff. It was like taking a shot of something really tart and bitter.
    I put on a blue cap and my husband put on this blue uniform with a hat and mask and feet covers etc.
    They unhooked all my monitors and I walked to the operating room, Joe(my husband) waited out in the hall until they had everything ready. First I sat on the bed and my doctor stood in front of me so I lean forward on his chest while they gave me the spinal. It was like a pinch followed by burning. (when they numb you. Then I didn't even feel the spinal. It was fast and easy. Second, they put the catheter in and sterlized my tummy and then put the drape up. My hands were not tied down but there is a place for you to lay them and they asked to keep them there unless I had an itch or something. So Hubby came in the room and about 10 minutes into it I felt sick. I barely threw up.. more like spit up. And the anestiologist(sp) gave me meds to help.
    So then I heard the doctors say "shes coming" and then I heard her cry.. It was so beautiful. My doctor personally carried the baby over to show me her. then they cleaned her up she weighed 6lbs 8oz the same as I did when I was a baby and she was 18 1/2 inches long, she barely even fussed, just looked around at everything. It felt like it was taking forever for them to finish, and my husband was busy taking pictures of her and then he'd run back over and show me.. the anestisiologist gave me a little bit of morphine which made me sleepy, so I just rested my eyes til they were done, didn't sleep though. They moved me to a bed that rolls, and took me to recovery. The doctor and anestis. guy came in to check on me.. after a while I could move my legs a little.. and eventually I had all feeling back. The nurses helped clean me up and what not.. but once the spinal wore off I began to feel pain. Not horrible, but uncomfortable. They gave me demerol and morphine and neither seemed to do anything, so right after they gave me morphine I moved to my post partum room. They brought the baby in and she latched on right away. they gave me some meds that really helped, and so i've been relaxing since. They come in every now and then to check vitals and ask if i'm okay, but we've just been watching TV while our little girl Aimee Eliza-Marie sleeps soundly. Oh and they brought me a liquid only tray..
    Chicken brother, Jello, Cranberry juice, Tea, and ice cream.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congrats! Im so happy for you :)
  • Congrats on your little one. Can't wait for mine......
  • Congratulations! Glad everything went so smoothly!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • congrats. Thank you for giving all the details. It was very nice of you. Enjoy your little bundle.
  • edited July 2011
    Day 2.
    Yesterday I had a horrible nurse who seemed to be taking too many pills herself. She never bothered to check on me or introduce herself til hours after her shift began. I was literally in a bed full of blood when she left the room stating she would be back at midnight to help me get out of bed so she could change the pads under me and help.me.clean my girly parts. They hadnt been changed in about 12 hours. she didnt return til 3am after my husband had already helped me to the bathroom so I could clean myself up. The whole bed was saturated in blood when I got up. Some blood had even dried to my body so my husband helped me scrub myself and my back.anf behind with a warm wash rag. He cleaned and change everything in the bed..
    My pain killers had worn off and she left her work cell phone in our room so we couldnt even get ahold of her..but luckily I have had no pain past a 4 on a scale of 1-10.. I had little pain getting out of bed also.. ugh the nurse was horrible! She took my daughter this morning to.be weighed.and didnt bother telling me anything about how it went. i had one hour of sleep last night.
    Was woken up at 6am to have blood taken from my arm. At 7am my cathetar was removed, it stung a little coming out but urination hasnt hurt and ive barely been bleeding since if all seemed to have came out last night/this morning..
    ive been walking around my room alot. Im.on.my last bag of saline so my IV will be disconnected around 11 and I will be able to shower. Then I can take my dressings off and let my staples air out and heal..
    As for.the little one.. she is.doing great.
    shes already holding.her head up and looking around.
    she falls asleep to Jewel every time she sleeps. We tried.to.strictly breastfeed but she was hungry and wouldnt sleep last night. I tried to pump colostrum to see if.anything was even coming our and theres nothing. so I gave her formula and she dell asleeo with a full belly. shes still latching on for about 10mins on each side before feeding so when my milk comes in ill try and only breast feed.
  • Thank you so much for posting this. My c-section is next week and I'm a lot less nervous about it reading this. Congrats and I hope the breast feeding goes well for you :-)
  • Great documentary! !! I glad all is well with u n baby, her full name is beautiful! :-) I'm supposed to be having a 3rd csection in about 9wks, but I was thinking about trying my first vbac. I'm undecided. :-( since this is ur 4th I believe u said. What does ur doc say about future pregnancies? May I ask please? :-) my doc is kinda against vbacs period.
  • Congrats... I went thru the exact same thing a.mnth ago....