has anyone lost their mucus plug at 24 weks?

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
Sorry i don't know if this is tmi but I'm kind of scared

I was in the shower tonight and what looked like green snot with a few brown streaks was coming out and it seemed like quite a bit

Has anyone else experienced this early and I'm not having any cramps or pain so should i stay home and wait

Comments

• I would call your doctor and find out. Usually if you loose your mucus plug it means you have up to a couple weeks before labor. Try not to stress out thou. Your gyno knows what to do if it has happen.
  • I would call your doc tonight an see I heard its not good to loss it tht early tht the baby can get am infection but I'm not to sure. Good luck
  • I lost mine at 30 weeks, and then lost more at 32 weeks. I was worried so I called the hospital and its completely normal. It will regrow itself if its not time for labor. I'm now almost 39 weeks and still pregnant so you have nothing to worry about.
  • I usually loose mine pretty early too. Melts away. Just have to be carefull about not really taking baths and keeping things clean. Other then that you should be fine. If your cramping and having pain I would call n let them know though.
  • I called the dr office right when i got out but just a rn was there n she said its not common or normal which is what scared me
    But unless u get cramping I'm going to call my dr back tomorrow and get checked

But i want to know if what she said was true is this common or not because if there's a lot of u that have experiences i would calm down i think
  • From what I understand its pretty common. But just to be safe id call your doctor. I still take baths everynight and do normal things and I'm even a high risk pregnancy. My doctor wasn't concerned because he says it will regrow up until your actually ready for labor. But id get checked if you're worried.
  • I've been told by every professional I've talked to that if you experience anything like that to call right away.. just incase to make sure you and baby are fine.. also that it should be a pink/brown color and to let them know if its different than that.. I've had some preterm labor issues the last month, and spent a night in the hospital.. I go by my doctors rule though : if I have regular contractions, any blood,my water breaks, or loss of my mucos plug to call asap and prob go in to get checked asap.. just what I've heard, but losing it is a sign you could be having preterm labor.. I'd just rather be safe than sorry because everybody's body is different .. and if I wouldn't have called I prob would have had my baby early and had to spend time in the nicu.. good luck to u and your little man!