epi..

edited July 2011 in Giving birth
So I had my daughter Friday. Got the epidural. And it only worked on my right side. Needless to say I screamed pushing her out. Drs exact words "shut up & push" anyone else have this happen?? It worked perfect with my son.

Comments

• doctor told u to shut up and push? wtf? lol i had epidurals with both my kids and it worked both times..
  • Lol. Yepp that's what she said. Well a midwife not a dr
  • were you laying on your side for a while before pushing? The epi works with gravity so if I lay on one side or the other the opposite with regain it's feeling until you last on titer back for a while.
  • Yes I was. The nurse laid me on my back. But the midwife kept coming in there yelling at her saying Idc bout the epidural, put her on her side.
  • That midwife is horrible! The reason why your epi only kicked in on one side cause you were on that side.
  • Yeah she was pretty horrible
  • There are legitimate reasons that the midwife could have wanted her on her side.
  • edited July 2011
    In my case, my babies heartrate was decelerating if I was not on my side after my epi. In order for my epi to still be effective, They changed me sides about every hour or so.
  • She said she put me on my Side because she wanted the baby out. I hadn't been in labor but 3 hrs.
  • Ok I understand the side to side thing with the epi, but I had the same thing happen to me with mmy first epi... and I was on my back not on my sides. It effects people differently like it works for some people and it doesn't work for others. I couldn't tell you if mine worked this time because I was 8cm when they gave me my epi and by the time they were done I was pushing a few minutes later :( and I'm thinking I could have gone without