He's Here!!!! *pics inclu*

edited July 2011 in Giving birth
***updates will be at the bottom***

so im going 2 be 37wks as of thursday and i have had high blood pressure throught the pregnancy. this weekend it went higher than normal and @ my appt mond morning dr sent me 2 L&D for a 24hr urine scan. (this is the 3rd one i have done so far!) i am halfway done with it. they can already see traces of protien in my urine and my BP has stayed consistantly high. i also have had a 3day headache and major swelling in my feet!

nurse said i probably wont b goin home even if the scan turns out ok. that i will have 2 stay here till thursday when im actually a full 37wks an they induce!

im hoping to hear good news in the morning when the dr comes in. maybe that he will induce sooner or let me go home until induction! will keep u ladies posted! this may be the beginning of my babys birth story!

Comments

• edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 24hr urine scan will be done in 45mins..shoukd take an hr 2 hear back about that...hopefully dr will come over on his lunch break and give me some news! will update soon!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wish u lots of luck!
  • update! this is the beginning of my babys birth story. i will be induced thursday morning. i just have 2 stay in the hospital till then!
  • Hope all goes well for you! However I'm jealous cause ill be 37 wks tomorrow:P ! Good luck and keep us posted! :)
  • Congrats and good luck mama!
  • thank you all so much!
  • Oh sweetheart! It's no fun at all having preclamsia! I'm so sorry. I have to do the 24 hr urine text weekly because of my BP being high and I had preclamsia with my first son who they took early. :( keep me updated. I'm sure baby Levi will be ok and come out perfectly. I'll be watching for updates my friend.
  • ok so urine scan came back yesterday with signs that i am preeclamptic. :( but its all good baby is gonna be here 2morrow! im just hanging out till midnight when they get this party started! nurse is going 2 give me and ambien @ 6 so i can sleep till then! i got really nervous last night and threw up..havent felt good today! hopefully gonna get some rest then be giving updates!
  • @bri2186 yay! good luck!
  • ok the fun starts! they came in and stuck me in both arms and drew blood. im o- so they have 2 confirm twice to make sure tey dont giveme the wrong blood if i need a transfusion! thank goodness Brooke (my sister) was here! Todd (my husband) is still at home trying 2 get some much needed sleep!
  • Good luck to you Hon! :)
  • Good luck, I have had high BP with my two previous pregnancies as well as this one. I have done two 24 urine test already and I am only 22 weeks 5 days. Both pregnancies they came early bc of my BP....perfect kids. I am sure everything will be great. Good luck and God Bless.
  • Good luck hun, you'll do great! Just try to relax! :)
  • good luck im wishing you a quick and easy labour... keep us updated :-D
  • ok..srry it took so long to update..its been a rough few days!

so induction began first thing thurs morn. cervidil insert at 2 a.m. and we were to start picton and break water @ 7...about 5:30 my water broke on its own! woo hoo! (weird feeling!) Started a magnesium drip at this time to help keep my bp down.

Contractions really got going at this point and nurse offered to give me a tiny bit of pain med in my iv till dr got there to evaluate me. i took it and got CRAZY! lol! i had NO filter and told that nurse all kinds of stuff! (if u want fun take nubain!)

I had excess fluid to begin with so there was LOTS of water every time they checked me. by about 10:30 i was dialated to a strechy 4cm and i got the epidural to help manage pain and keep blood pressure down.(along with mag drip!) I was so nervous...(i dont like needles!) Finally got some pain relief but it slowed dialation process.

babys heartreate began to drop with contractions at around noon. by then i was dialated to a 6 and they had inserted an internal monitor to keep up with dropping heartrate. they pumped some fluid back int my uterus to help bc they thought his cord was maybe wrapped around his neck or arm or pressed against the uterus wall. they did this twice. at 2:30p.m. i still had not progressed any and his heartrate was dropping even when there were no contractions. so as badly as i hadnt wanted they decided to do a c-sect before it got any worse.

i was sooo scared and i cried non stop from here until i delivered. they put more meds in my epi and i couldnt feel ANYTHING! they got my hubby in a smock thingy and wheeled me out the door and to the OR. i could hear them clanging things and doing and when they said they had delivered him i heard nothing but a faint and tiny little moan! they rushed him accross the room and began giving him oxygen. apparently the magnesium drip they had me on for my bp made him not want to breath! they stopped by me for 5secs. and let me see him then went straight to the NICU with him.

it was 15 hrs before i even got to see my son..and they wouldnt let me touch him or anything. he was finally able to try to breastfeed yesterday. his blood sugars were really low and he would stop breathing periodically, and they had him on oxygen and an iv.

he's finally off everything except the monitors that keep watch on his breathing. and i can go see him and feed every 3 hrs. he latches really well...but falls alseep sooo qucikly!
  • edited July 2011
    Levi Cullen
    Thursday July 21st 2011 at 3:20p.m.
    weighing 6lbs 5oz. 19 inches long

i was 37 exactly when i delivered

Photobucket
  • Awwww he is beautiful mommy :)
  • He is beautiful! Congrats!!
  • He's adorable!
  • Aww he's such a lil cutie!! congrats x
  • Congratulations he is adorable.
  • Too cute!!! Congratzzzz