(tmi) my 'girl' looks different...

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
Not sure how to start this...
Let me just say I've tried researching it and have found NOTHING and my next doctor appointment is in 2.5 weeks so I wont be able to get any professional answers until then, but I'm looking for something to ease my mind, so here it goes..

For some reason today i decided I needed to get a mirror and check myself just to make sure everything looks good... well, it doesn't! Im 30 weeks and it looks as if I've got some extra tissue in between my labia minora. Almost as if the anterior wall is being pushed down throughbthe opening. I know there is excess blood flow, could this cause what im seeing? That its just swolle?

Im so sorry thats a little more than what most people would like to hear. I appreciate any and all responses.
Thank you!!

Comments

• If I'm right mine did that too. So I believe its normal. TMI but when we would have had sex it felt like i was tighter. out may just be the extra pressure of the baby's head pushing down.
  • How fat along are you?
  • Unfortunately my husband is deployed so it has been untouched for almost my entire pregnancy. Lol. Which is why i decided to look.
    I am 30 weeks. At my last appointment i was told that my uterus isn't growing enough, but my baby is accurate with his measurements.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh vey!
    My first reaction was to cry! I thought my body was mutating in the most horrible way!

Thank you for easing my mind. At least I know its 'normal', despite it looking completely abnormal. Haha
  • Ok sorry random question... Is your name sydney leann or your baby's? I only ask because we are naming our baby girl Sidney Leanne :)
  • Im 28 weeks and my kitty cat had been swollen for like a month. Even the outside was just so puffy that it made it hard to shave. Then out of no where the past few days it's been normal again. It weirded me out at how puffy it was tmi my lips were like twice their normal size. I hope it was normal during pregnancy lol
  • My whole "girly" is swollen... ): I won't let hubby look cuz I feel like she is broken. Lol.
  • Yup, the girl changes as your pregnancy goes along. My labia minora have practically disappeared (they were nice and perfect before! D: ...), which includes my clitoral hood. Things change, and also become more sensitive. I've developed some sort of allergic reaction to... something. I'm not sure what. I've got itchy hives around the outside of my labia majora (and if ANYONE knows how to treat this, please let me know! I figured I could go ahead and post on a tmi thread instead of creating a new one. ^^; lol).
  • I'm 32 weeks and I actually realized the same thing so maybe it is normal
  • Ashley... how does it look...? Ive had 3sec so im.virgin(lol) thru there....
  • I made my hubby check mine the other day after I shaved...he said it looks purty as always. He was probably just telling me that so I wouldnt cry. Im with @betty how does it look after delivery cause I've had 3 sections too.
  • @mommyo3soon2b4 Mom and Sis told me that everything goes back to normal, it just takes a bit of time. o_O lol
  • Jijiji....
  • I also had c sections and mine. Went right back to normal after I'm curious as well
  • I always heard it went back, but without that experience I wasnt sure:)
    I was never swollen down there from my csection...a little swollen from pregnancy but that went away quickly!
  • @ashleyfew thanks lol,I was swollen down there when I was pregnant but it went back to normal after
  • @ASHLEYFEW....no swelling down there for me just during pregnancy there was a lil puffiness
    i will say im pregnant with a boy this time and i believe its way puffier than with my girls....so sad!
  • @Stillsurprised, that's my name. :) i love your spelling!!

Thank you ladies!!!! :) i feel soo much better now! I've been worried all day! Lol. It looks like she got punched! Poor thing! Lol. One good thing about my hubby being deployeed i guess!
  • Its a very pretty name :) I just thought it was just really funny :) its not a name you see very often :)
  • Especially the combination of the two. I knew a few growing up and have heard one since i left school. But i can't imagine the odds of the first and middle name being the same. Mine is my grandfathers middle name (lee) and my mothers middle name (ann) i used to wish my mom put an 'e' at the end of it though. :)
  • Still super stressed. I've been researching and im finding things like vaginal and bladder prolapses. :( i hope that's not it! It hasn't gotten worse, but it just doesn't seem normal to have what looks like my vaginal wall covering the opening. Ugh! What to do what to do... i have my 32 week apt in 2 weeks...