Seriously??? A week after delivery.....

edited July 2011 in Just for Fun
And I am only three pounds lighter than befor delivery!?!?!?! I had a c-section. I am bloated but seiously I would think I would have at least lost 10lbs!!! Anyone esle have this problem????

Comments

• The baby weight isnt that easy to lose hun, you just need to go on a diet and exercise , which is really hard with a newborn
  • @janet_2011 I guess I assumed that I would at least be less the actual baby weight 4lbs..and the placenta 2lb and maybe some fluid weight...it just sucks!
  • @upnorthmom i though the same thing with my first but it took me like 3 months to get close to how skinny i was :( , is not easy .. and then now i just gained it all over again lol..
  • I was 265 when i had my c section with my son and 1wk after i was 220
  • It took me 2years Lol but a lot of yours right now is water they. Pump so much crap into you just give it a couple weeks
  • You usually do drop weight before your six week appt me, at least give it until you have your check up, however if nursing its really hard to lose the weight. I lost 30lbs by my 6 week appt with my son, however gained it all back and more while breastfeeding.
  • @steph_due_101611 sure rub it in! Im just pissed cause I just thought that I would be less at least the baby. But I weigh the same. Did you do anything special?
  • @upnorthmom i had severe pre-eclampsia. I actually lost some weight at first then all i gained was the weight of the baby/fluid/placenta and then all the water i retained from pre-eclampsia. I peed out all the weight.
  • @upnorthmom my babii will b a week old tomorrow I'm wondering da same thing I'm still my same weight wen I was still pregnant
  • CSECTION mommies GENERALLY do not drop as soon as natural birth mommies but when you do start losing it in about 3-5 wks you will notice ot
  • @QueenNique I was told that breast feeding burns 600 calories a day, and since your uterus contracts you actually lose weight by nursing... now I'm confused... :-?
  • Ive been breast feeding my son and also pumping and my son is 5 weeks old and im down to my pre pregnancy weight.
  • @ahuyser YOU ARE CORRECT. The preglie above may just have had a different experience with her body.
  • No you are right @ahuyser you do tend to lose the weight faster while breast feading cause u r still sharing part of your food with the baby in a way plus the work that your body has to go through to make more milk for only two hours later makes the body burn calories just by you sitting there
  • Oh thank you! @Singlemomofsoontobe3 and @jules! ! I guess everyones experience is different..