Baby shower frustrations

edited February 2011 in Baby showers
My shower is on march 12th and im terrified that nobody is gonna come and they wont get stuff that I need or anything off the registry. Im 21 and the majority of the people that have rsvped are around my age and dont have much money they are willing to spend. Im just so scared we wont get everything we need before she gets here and with this bein our first baby im bein a tad bit picky. Any suggestions? Lol

Comments

• I'm sure your families will help w the more expencive things or maybe your friends will chip in together...its my 1st baby too...we can't be picky! We need to be greatful for the things we get I've gottin a lot of hand m.e downs from friends and most of the things are almost brand new! Good luck
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Honestly can't expect much you should think the majority of stuff you will have to get on your own. I went in with all pregnancy that I wasn't going to get much and start savingfor what we need
  • I had my baby shower a month ago and trust me I was surprised and thankful for the gifts I got from my family, my husband's family and friends. Some friends that couldn't come ordered stuff on my registry and sent them to my apartment and some got clothes anything helps! Congrats and best wishes:-)
  • All of my family is in Ky and cant come to the shower and my husbands family is just his parents,younger sister and her husband and two kids,and his cousin and wife. Ive gotten tons of clothes from a couple friends and told everybody to not buy socks,clothes,bibs,or shoes cuz were stocked on tjose. Im not really bein to picky,jist picky bout people not buyin clothes and buyin stuff off the registry. I know my dad and stepmom and my in laws are gettn some of the expensive items and we already jabe her car seat, bassinet,stroller,swing,crib and changing table that was given to us.
  • I had my baby shower last weekend. It was fun but only a few people made it. We had already bought the big stuff bit m in laws threw money together and got a carseat/stroller combo. The most expensive thing I had on my baby registery was 64.00 but hardly anyone bought me anything on my registry. My friend gave a.lot.of.handmedowns and my sister in law gave me her swing even though my dad had bought one for us lol. But my husbands grandmother gave us all handmade stuff like blankets and clothes that are so cute and are by far my favorite gift so far. :) but its how you make it. If you have a bad attitude about it then the party will suck. I luckily had a friend that livened everything up
  • edited March 2011
    You can't expect guests to buy you everything you need and be picky about it. It's a gift, they are not obligated to buy you anything really. If you're really short on money, maybe you can ask parents and other family members instead of buying you clothes maybe everyone can pitch in for whatever else you need