40 weeks 2marow and no sign of bby coming out help???

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
Ill be 40 weeks on tue. And I haven't gotten major pains nothin...plus to top it off my doctor hasn't cheack how much the baby weighs if she's positioned if I'm dialated nothing!! So I'm freaking out cause no I don't want her to deliver me for being such a shitty doctor...what can I do to start getting contractions cause from what it looks like I might need to get induced? =0(

Comments

• Weird...why hasn't she checked u? It could just happen any day now. With my daughter I was one week over due...with both my kids my water never broke..no pre labor pains or anything. Just got contractions when going into labor.
  • I'm 39 weeks and I'm the same way. I don't even feel pregnant. But I lost my mucs plug two days ago. How the hell do you know if your in labor if your water doesn't break and you don't have contractions? Lol
  • 90% of women have to have their water broken I know that doesn't. Help your question or at least that was a fact on the baby shows on TV LOL
  • My bothers girlfriend went over 5 days she wasn't progressing either I heard sex doggie style works tmi but I really my self can't tell you I have never went past 35 weeks I delivered my daughter at 35 and I'm Prego now with my son and I'm 33. I wish u lady's good luck lmao
  • I went over due with my last 2 but I promise u sometime in the next 2 weeks that baby is coming out, it sux but it will happen. stretch n sweep I think is priceless ask at nxt appt actually demand
  • @jmask I never lost my mucus plug either lol... I just started getting contractions when it was time...nothing happened to lead to it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im 40+3 and havent lost my plug or anything.. ive had some quick stabbing pains that feel like theyre coming from my cervix, but other than that nothin! Its so frustrating! Ive tried all the home remedies (castor oil, pineapple, mango, cling peaches, evening primrose oil, walking, excersize, sex... literally everything, and Nothing is helping.. and since im attempting a vbac the dr wont induce or sweep my membranes... if i dont go into labor by wednesday, they want to csection :(
  • @ mamabutterf1y: im feeling the same way.. although im only 37 weeks and 2days at the moment i feel that this pregnancy is forever! I don't feel anything that will lead me to deliver my baby soon. This is my first baby but im so sick and tired already, all i wanted is to meet my baby before my dd. But everyone was telling me that 1st babies are usually late. Its kinda frustrating to be honest. I guess i tried much already to speed up my labour but nothing is really happening. I often have bh, but thats all.. i was too petite and short before i got pregnant and i guess my body can't handle much now.. I just wanted to cry..
  • Try the evening primrose oil... take one capsule orally three times a day and puncture the tip and insert on capsule vaginally twice a day... it helps to ripen and efface the cervix.. it seems to be the only thing working... i cancelled my csection (scary!) But the dr said it isnt a "have to have" so im praying everything goes smoothly.. sending labor dust your way!
    Also, my dr recomended running a hot (not too hot) bath and putting evening primrose in the water and soaking.. she said that not only helps the cervix, but helps with any swelling, and helps relax you.. which all help bring on or atleast get you ready for labor!