is my water leaking?

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 35 weeks n 4 days pregnant, Fri I lost my mucus plug and had a bloody show, well every since then I've been having contractions and back pain. So today, I went to the bathroom, came back in my room and sat down, felt a little gush so I ran back to the bathroom and notice my panties were wet... They're not soaking wet but you can tell I have leaked. Tmi I've been having pain in my vagina also. I smelt it and there was no odor to it, and it doesn't look like a discharge because its watery looking and when I went back to check some more came out and I couldn't stop it... Is my water starting to break or is this normal??

Comments

• Im not too sure, I heard your water will have an amonia smell, but i would call l&d to make sure.. you never know unless you check
  • Thank you both, I called l&d and they told me if I continue to leak or have painful contractions to come in.. I just don't want to go in to be sent home... At my last appt. I was already 2cm dilated I'm a little nervous because I'm not full term yet.
  • sounds like you have a hole in your bag (it's trying to break) :) keep us updated
  • @bettymomma Hmm, I called l&d because i was leaking the other day thought it was my water and they told me if it doesn't have an amonia smell more than likely its urine. Could have been just one of those nurses that doesn't care.. don't know.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you all for the advice, every time I go to l&d they end up sending me home, they don't check me or nothing, just hook me up to a monitor for an hr. I'll be 36 weeks Thursday and as much as I want him here I don't want him to have problems because I'm not full term. I know what a discharge is like, and this was nothing like it.. I just took a shower and now I'm starting to feel abdominal pain in my right side. Looks like I'm going to l&d tonight!
  • Good luck at l&d! Keep us posted