just an observation

edited July 2011 in Baby names
It's funny how I get negative feedback for wanting to spell my sons name Aizik instead of the traditional Isaac... But I see positive feedback for people wanting to name their kids Seamus, Xzylia, Arlisha and Arliyah.... I don't get it.. LOL
I know everyone has their opinions and that's cool but it just made me laugh. & I'm all about unique name since my mom decided to name me Oralys :) ... To each their own, but I love my sons name the way I want to spell it...
just a little vent to get this off my prego hormonal chest! Good night preglys. 8 days left for me!!! I cant wait :-)

Comments

• I've never heard of Xzylia,Arlisha or Arliya but Seamus is an Irish name and that's typically how it is spelled.
    good luck in 8 days!
  • I really like the way ur spelling it! Very different :)
  • 8 days!!! yay!!!
    as for names...i don't really say anything when it comes to names especially since i still don't have a name myself!
  • I'm sorry you felt like that, you did say you were having 2nd opinions on the spelling though! Glad you are all set with it now!
  • edited July 2011
    I don't see anything wrong with how you want to spell it. :)

I told a friend the names we had chosen for a boy and a girl. She asked if I wanted my kid to get picked on and told me she hated them. I asked her if she was going to carry the baby around and then push it out of her vajay...she said no (i know she doesn't want kids). So I told her that hubby & I would be naming our baby whatever we wanted.

Btw, we chose Addison for a girl and Holden for a boy.
  • Thanks ladies... Yeah I just wanted to vent a little... Although I'm not the type to get my feelings hurt :)

Everyone that read his name knew where I was going with and figured was pronounced Isaac... So I figured he will be good throughout his life.. lol
  • I felt the same way about the spelling. I love y's in names. I would have put a y in Aizik (Ayzik) but it looked a little too feminine.. my daughters name is Ayden I didn't like the I in it so I put the y instead... Of course that was before everyone and their mother started naming their kid Aidan.

Thank you again @Oregonmama
  • Funky spellings rock. My first name is spelled Vinessa.
  • Thanks @fate
    My first name is Oralys... :) I love it now that I'm older!