Is it just me or.....(tmi)

edited July 2011 in Second Trimester
Me & hubby had sex the other night, we went about 3 rounds & everything felt fine throughout. But the next day I was kinda swollen down there... Does anyone else get swollen after sex? If so, how can I prevent it?

Comments

• Yes terribly I wish I knew how to prevent it I don't think u can :(
  • Very common, happens to me even when im not prego..just make sure you stay wet or use lube and you should be fine..if the swelling hurts you a warm compress between your lips will help ease the discomfort!
  • Oh man...sometimes I use lube & it doesn't get so bad afterwards. So I think I might just use it more often then not until baby comes. Thanks for commenting ladies & lettin me know I'm not alone! :)
  • its ok. very common. itll eventually go back down...after you give birth
  • After only one round i get a burning sensation. Not in my vaj but around the areas of my clit.. sorry tmi.. but dr said im fine... Idk. The next time she looks down there ima ask her...
  • Yes every damn time lol
  • @kritten_octoberbby same things happens to me sometimes, but I've found that washing right after helps. I believe his semen (sp?) irritates me down there if I don't wash right after
  • 15nov_babe but ill even go in the shower and put the hose down there and itll feel a tiny bit better but still burn...
  • When u get older or have a baby or pregnant ur bodys natural lubricants start to were down. I recommend using a wter based lube. This is just up my alley lol! I sell sex toys and lubes :">
  • My husband and I use the brand wet. We use the platinum kind. Its a silicone based lube and it stays wet for hours on end!!!!! Any sex shop sells it ;)
  • Same happens to me. I use lube and even with that sometimes it hurts afterwards...
  • @kritten_octoberbby: hmm...idk, beats me then. How often do you have sex? (Sry if that's too personal)

• @mandac10 & @Lyricsmommy I usually use KY his & hers, it pretty much gets the job done & keeps everything moist. But I've never tried anything else & I'm scared to because with all these prego changes with my bod, I don't wanna breakout or anything
  • I get this every now and then while im not pregnant. But last week, I got it again. It just went back to normal after a couple hours as opposed to a couple days (like it usually does). I've found it's the blood that rushes to that area when it just gets irritated with too much friction. Lube helps. We always forget. Lol. If it keeps burning, I suggest the vagisil wipes. They tend to calm the area even if I don't have a yeast infection. :)
  • Oh okay I see....I'll have to try the wipes! Thanks hun :)
  • @15nov_babe not too often.. but if we do more often then not itll burn and if we wait a week itll burn.. no matter the period if time between
  • Oh okay. I was gonna say maybe it was because of the amount you had sex. But that can't be it. Lol anywho... your pregnancy probably makes it worse for your area down there due to all the tenderness & increased blood flow. Hope you can find a way to ease the burning. ;)
  • i had to stop having sex because it hurts to badly. it will burn for days and swell up. it hurts so bad i cant sleep sometimes.
  • Oh wow, it hasn't gotten that bad for me. Hope it never gets to that point. Have you tried lube or anything? @heathermarie
  • it happens to me everytime. nd ill get soo sore most the time, I hate it. especially cause my hormones r flying high right now. it doesn't help either that I'm rather small either
  • Oh wow, that sucks! Me & hubby have pretty much been off sex for awhile so I haven't had the problem lately. I found that it helps to take long breaks in between sexual activity. It kinda makes me feel like I'm starting fresh when I wait 2 weeks or so. @shaila_n_newbaby
  • ill have to try that n hopefully it'll work. I know ill get complained at but he'll get over it. lol thanks for the advice :) @15Nov__Babe
  • I use lube everytime we have sex to prevent being sore after. I didn't when I was younger but have the last few years I am 28. I prefer equate brand over anything else and its like 2 bucks at walmart
  • @shaila_n_newbaby hahaha you're welcome. & I already know the "sex break talk" brings complaints also.. ;)

@bigmamak I've never tried that brand before....I've just been using the ky, it seems to be doing good so far

@mariahaucoin77 so you've never tried the lube route before or you have?
  • I seriously thought I was the only one this happends to! And I am so glad to see that im not! I found that my husbands sperm would irratate me too so when he is about to get off he pulls out. But my vagina would start hurting, burning, and swelling up so bad I usually had to quit and just give my husband a hand or blow job to finish him off. He didn't seem to mind but it made me feel bad. And I would always get a yeast infection too from where it would just irratate me so badly. BUT NOW, we have started using lube and we only have sex once every 2 or 3 days and it has helped soooo much.
  • @Carsons_mommy nope! You are def not alone mama...from the looks of it, it looks pretty normal. But your solution to your swelling and irritation sound like mine. I do the same things you do girl! Except I usually just let him finish then tell him I'm done because I never gave him a bj before and hand jobs don't take him there. :-\

@mariahaucoin77 oh okay I see....well maybe you should try the lube. I mean, you still don't have to go 3 rounds in 1 day, but it might help with just regular issues from 1 round.