My Wonderful Homebirth!

edited July 2011 in Giving birth
At about 3mos pregnant I'd decided I wanted a water homebirth. My other two births had me thinking so negative about my hospital experience and I'd do anything to have it different with this one.

So anyways.. I probably had the easiest pregnancy ever. Some morning sickness in the beginning, but really that's it other then the minor discomforts that go along with being pregnant. I went past my due date having *Birdie Cecile at 40wks 5days.

I spent Saturday afternoon at the county fair. I was having hard contractions but having all the commotion and people everywhere was the perfect distraction to my pain. After spending time at the fair I went to my grandparents to eat supper, my contractions got stronger and closer together..but being around my grandparents was enough to keep my mind busy and off of the pain. I had told bd that it was getting to be about that time so we took off, having a half hour drive ahead of us. We made it a mile before our place, having my water break in bd truck.. :) I felt bad at the time.

We had an arranged protocol on the steps he'd take to get the birthing pool and all prepared. I was shaking like a leaf up til the point of the pool being deep enough for me to get into. The shaking stopped almost immediately and my body relaxed after being in the pool. I had the urge to push within 10mins of being on the pool and with every contraction baby made her way down the birth canal. I ended up giving birth to her on my hands and knees, delivering/catching her on my own. Baby latched right on and the placenta was delivered within 5 mins.

I'm still in awe at how different and easy this birth was! @homebirthadvocate thank-you for the positive encouragement when every single person in my life was so negative about my decision. I had not one supporter other then bd.

Comments

• That's so wonderful!
  • Congrats mama!
  • What an amazing story! I'm so happy for you!
  • Thanks ladies! It feels so amazing doing what I knew I could and not backing out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's awesome! Congrats!
  • Wow, you made it sound so easy, even the contractions! Good job mama!
  • And you didn't text me
  • Congrats on your new arrival.
  • that's great..and congratulations!!
  • that is definitely wonderful to hear! First of all, congrats on an easy delivery and labor, and second congrats on your little girl!! :) i myself will look into water birth when i get pregnant. I don't think i'd do it at home, and i used to not want to think of it at all but after seeing a wonderful video it just looks like a peaceful entrance. glad u had such a great experience!! :)
  • p.s. i didnt see your thread i dont think... but i'm sure glad you went through with it!!!! =D>
  • Congratulations!!! :D
    I'm thinking about a waterbirth for my next pregnancy
  • Congratulations!
  • Congrats! Sounds like you had an amazing labor & delivery!
  • I love home births! Congrats!
  • Congrats!!!
  • Congrats!!!! I'm planning on doing the same when my time comes i didn't have any bad past births but i want to b able to do it on my own if u know wat i mean n let my body take control
  • I want a waterbirth but I'm going to do it at a birthing centre as this is my first! I hope my experience is as relaxing as yours!!
  • Beautiful!!!!
  • Congratulations!
  • Thank you everyone. If your planning a water birth you'll be very pleased. Wish I would have had the option with my first 2 in the hospital.
  • awww congrats!! :-D
  • wow, congrats to you my dear! did you have a midwife or anything? or was it just you and bd then called the hospital to check on everything? I am just curious
  • Such a lovely birth. Well done, massive congrats x x
  • That's amazing..

I'm just curious, what happens after? Cutting the cord, weight, length, birth certificate stuff? Just curious :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @survivormommie3 it was just bd and me, and yes about 13 hours old we took baby in to the hospital for some peace of mind.

@caroline8_p we left the cord connected to the placenta for about an hour afterwards. I wrapped fishing line in two places and bd cut Inbetween. We got her weight and length 13 hours later when we went in to the hospital. Which was an hour visit if that. They took her temp, length, weight and she was given a vit k shot. Short and sweet. And as the birth certificate goes... Monday I went to the courthouse to apply for one the man there was puzzled had no idea what to do and had to call the department of health. Basically they needed record that I actually was pregnant and had the hospital that I was doctoring do the paperwork, they took care of everything.
  • Wish my insurence covered thaf