Getting Cervadil tomorrow (Thurs.) at 6pm then the pitocin will begin Friday Morning :D

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I wasn't sure which category this would fall in lol, but yay my little man will be here this weekend :D I got to see his face today at the ultra sound too when they were checking the fluid levels. How do they put Cervadil in?

Comments

• i believe they put it on the inside of your vagina.
    but YAY!!!!
  • @survivormommie3 lovely. lol :D and yeah I can't wait for him to be here. I know its going to get worse before it gets better but it will be worth it when he's out :D
  • Yay ! Good luck! With my oldest they inserted the cervadil at 400 pm and said they would remove it at 400am then start pitocin. Well by 800pm they had to remove it cause I was in full labor and had my lil man at 4:36 am!
  • yea they put it up inside u.. I only had two doses of it and it started my labor.. the nurses said it was unlikely to start labor but we showed them :) .. 5 hrs after they started the small amount of pitocin I had my babygirl.. hopefully urs goes fast :)
  • @bigmamak was that your first? I'm 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated, I wasn't sure If the cervadril could cause full labor or not.

@itty_bitty that is awesome. Thank you, I'm hoping it helps and doesnt drag to long
  • What is cervadil?
  • I had 3 doses of it and they put it by ur cervix! It didn't start labor for me, I ended up having a c-section after 24hrs of labor. I hope you have much better luck with it the I did!! Good luck!!
  • Congrats and good luck
  • @rckprincess2 it looks like a tempo string that helps ripen your cervics
  • @kansasmomma that was probably awful to go through labor and get a c section. And thank you. I hope little man comes

@momof22be thank you :)
  • Good luck!!! Congrats ahead of time! I hope everything goes smooth for u and baby. :)
  • Yup with my first :)
  • I was only 50% and 1cm to and it done it to me. :) they woke me up and said my contractions was getting to close together so they wasnt giving me the other dose and was gona start the pitocin at a small dose
  • Yea it was but I had an epidural so it was awesome not feeling a thing!! Keep us updated pls!!
  • @itty_bitty that is awesome. @kansasmomma the epi scares me more than anything, trying to avoid getting that. But I will def. Update on here. The one Dr said yesterday she estimates he's 8-8.5 lbs lol. So we shall see how chunky he is
  • Aw!! I love chunky babies! They're so stinkin cute!!! If you do have to get an epidural its really easy and the only part that hurts is the numbing medicine and that lasts 2 second. Contractions hurt 100× more then the epidural did. Good luck!!
  • @kansasmomma they surprised me and are keeping me over night
  • Oh good!! I stood over night and actual got a chance to relax and not clean the entire house! I hope you getva great nights rest and have your beautiful baby boy!!!!
  • Lucky you... good luck...
  • edited July 2011
    I had one dose for almost 12 hours and contractions really kicked in. started it at 3cm got to 8cm and had a c section. Grr. He was esrimated ro be 8 - 9ibs and I also was preeclamptic so they decided c section. Hes was 8ibs 12.7oz. He was also face up :'( the epidural worked but I could feel his head frinding on my pelvic bone.hurt so bad. Youll do great tho! Good luck!i thought they usually keep you till you hace the baby when you get cervidil. its a way of inducement. I stayed till I had him.
  • @kansasmomma he's here! @bigamak and @ittybitty The cervadil made me go into labor.
  • @maymommy11 Aw I'm sorry you had a rough experience
  • Its okay glad hes here finally. But id do it all over again.i also had puppps, preeclampsia,gbs positive and a uti. Crazy lol..oh and gall bladder removed 4weeks after. I just posted on your orher post congrats again :)
  • heck yea :)))
    how many doses did u have?
  • Awesome!! Congrats!!! How much does he weigh? What's his name? Im so happy for you!!
  • @maymommy11 strong woman Lol.

@ittybitty one dose was all it took. I think I would have went in labor this weekend with out help, wed I was 1 cm when I came in to the hospital I was 2 and having braxton hicks contractions back to back. By 130 am I was in labor.

@kansasmomma he was 8 lbs 5oz 22 inches long. His name is Bryce Caden
  • How lonf did they leave the cervidil in? They left mine in for 12 hours.
  • Congrats mama! Yay!
  • Aw!! A cute chuncky boy!! I love his name!! Congrats!! How's mother hood treating you?!?
  • @maymommy11 they took it out at about 10 hrs bc I was completely in active labor.