Is tihs too soon for a shower?

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I'm due Nov. 12th and originally wanted to have my showers done by week 34 (to give me time to get ready - take care of exchanges, getting things I still need, my nursery done, etc), but do to plans my in-laws & mom have, my shower's are planned for 9/24 & 10/8. I'm really nervous about 10/8 being too late because that puts at 5 weeks out. In the beginning of my pregnancy I was looking at that wkd anyway, but lately I keep reading about people going into early labor. So now I'm worried that 5 weeks isn't enough time to prepare - especially if I were to go before 40 weeks.
The next time I could do it before 10/8 is Labor Day weekend, but that might be too early. Lol
What do you guys think? Am I just being paranoid?

Comments

• I think thats a little too early. I'm due Oct. 21st and am having mine labor day weekend.
  • I think it's fine.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ExcitedForOctober I think it's too early too, but between my parents & my in-laws, there is something going on every weekend in between.
  • @LMelanson which date do you you not think is too early? 10/5 or Labor Day weekend?
  • As long as people come what does it matter if it's a little early? Will the shower be any different?
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I may have to try for Labor Day wkd. Its only 10 weeks early. I am a procrastinator when it comes to house work & stuff, but when it comes to planning qbd preparing, I hate waiting & have to get things done asap. I just know waiting until 10/8 will drive me crazy!
  • Sounds like a plan!
  • I'M DUE 8/22 HAD MY SHOWER JULY 9 I DON'T THINK 10/8 IS TOO EARLY FOR A NOVEMBER DUE DATE AT ALL
  • @preggointx for me, 10/8 is going to be too late. Plus it's a "couple shower" (aka party) and I think I will be more comfortable at 30 weeks vs 35 weeks.
  • I had my shower at 34 weeks and it was perfect time for me to finish everything without being rushed :-)
  • I gonna be a fresh 28 weeks for mine cuz its the only time that's convenient for me and my out of town family. I have other weddinga, showers n reunion every weekend for the following month. Ya its kinda early, but it works for me and I'll have plenty of time to setup n buy whatever else I need to.
  • Talked to the in-laws and Sept 3rd it is! So excited! I will be 30 weeks to the day and have plenty of time to beging preparing for my baby girl's arrival!
  • I'm only going to have 4 weeks and 4 days left til my due date when I do my shower. From what I understand, it's never really too early or too late. It's just whenever you feel comfortable having it. I wouldn't have felt comfortable having done it before my last ultrasound because they weren't 100% sure of her gender. Now, they are. And I'm not worried about it anymore. So it's just whatever you're comfortable with. :)
  • I will have my baby shower in 8/6 and I will be having my baby at 8/18 ... I think that everything will be ok :)
  • I'm due November 13th and having my shower on September 3rd. We have to drive home which is about 8-9 hours away for it and will be 30 weeks. I think this gives you plenty of time to organize all the gifts you received, wash any new clothes you might want to use the first week the baby is home, and buy things you didn't receive at the shower that you still might need.