What's on your to-do list before baby arrives?

edited July 2011 in Just for Fun
All I have left to do is get her carseat && put all her bath/diapering stuff away-since it's all still sitting in grocery bags. (I got a little lazy :"> )

What do you ladies have left on your to-do list? :/ Maybe I'll catch something I forgot :)

Comments

• @katiep8610 Lol, that would be essential.
  • Lol almost everything. Waiting until after I move to get everything. We move this Tuesday and ill be 31 weeks. Im itching to get all baby stuff done
  • @LittleFae Gahh, you're gonna be some busy! Lol. Nah, it isn't that bad. I didn't start knocking things off my list until 32-33 weeks.
  • The only thing I have left to do is hang his name on the wall and pack my bag
  • @BabyMcBride8_27 - lol first time in my life to ever start chewing in my nails. I just want to start getting everything ready. At least ill have something to do to keep me busy the last coupke of months
  • I've done everything.. my hubby is just going to put the car seat on the car when the baby comes out. All i need is our baby to come :(
  • Ok herez goes.....
    Baby shower on 8/27.
    Getting a new window in babys room tomorrow
    New roof- its leaking bad.
    Need to fix the weak spot in the floors of our 3 bedrooms.
    New carpet in bedrooms.
    Finish painting babys room.
    Call donation to pick up our junk.
    Find a new home for one of our cats.
    New couches & new bed for our room.
    Furnish babys room
    Clean out car for baby & carseat.
    Then on to finally hopefully finish remodeling our bathroom. Ugh all I. 10 weeks!! Why does everyone wanna help us last fucking minute??
  • edited July 2011
    I have to finish unpacking her room (just had baby shower last Saturday), finish packing her diaper bag and my hospital bag, sterilize her binkies, few last things to wash, my mom is buying her car seat/stroller. I think that's it. And I'm 34 weeks.
  • @one5one .... Now I feel like I have nothing to do after reading your list
  • edited July 2011
    Yea feel lucky!! Its very worrysome to me. I just really need babys room done & new couches & my bed. Couches are old & cat peed on. The beds old & lumpy! Ugh so much. @LittleFae
  • I have 39 days too......clean clean clean house is never clean enough for a baby, have baby shower next week, buy diapers, make a huge expensive costco trip (gulp), deal with car stuff(yuck),pack bags, clean carpet, get oldest fully potty trained and keep working 4 days a week til then! I thought I didn't have that much left but now that I typed it out I should get off my butt!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @one5one - our moving wouldnt be so bad but its just hubby and I and everyone who offered to help suddenly cant. People just arent reliable these days.
    I hope youre able to get everything done! Just deep breaths snd warm baths
  • 1.Put carpet in my soon to be room
    2.Move all my furniture over from my now room to my soon to be room
    3.paint the walls in the room I'm in now cause that's going to be my babies room
    4.clean the carpet in that room
    5.put all her furniture together
    6.put everything in its spot cause its all still in the gift bags it came in lol
  • EVERYTHING! I haven't been allowed to buy a thing for my daughter except 3 outfits when I found out I was having a girl. It's depressing :( but my husband wants to wait until after the baby shower 8/20 I'll be 35 weeks the day after my shower!!
  • Everything.... I had the babies room painted And ready to go. All that it was lacking was new flooring,curtains , baby furniture. My brother moved back in. What room does he get the babies room. So I'm back at square one. All I have is some clothes,swing and bouncer. Don't think I'm having a baby shower. I have no one guiding me or helping me at all. Its just me and the hubby. My dad tries to help but he is just as lost as I am. I wish my mom was here.
  • edited July 2011
    I need to find a new aparment first and them buy everything else and fix everything else the only things that I have is like 12 outfits 1 bag of diaper size newborn 2 packs number 2 2 packs number one and 1 number 3, and I crochet 4,blankets that's what I have hb just find a job Si now is like start again !!
  • I'm 31 wks...got a long list too :-( paint babies room, set up the crib, get the rest of their furniture sanded and stained the same shade of the crib, organize all the twin stuff, pack my hospital bag, and 3 baby showers.
  • I have a few things left to do trade our car in for one we can fit our newest addition, buy a mattress for the crib, set up the crib, buy a few baby things and pay the $500 to the hospital before I can be checked in and that's about it! I'm 31 plus weeks :)
  • @LittleFae warm baths?? No baths! My tubis unfinished. Though we do have a 2nd bathroom with a shower only. I'm dying for a bath. Look like ill have to wait til maybe after baby. But lotsa people are flakes now. Sad to say. I'm really hoping I can get help to get much needed work done.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've done virtually nothing. :( Since I'm living on mom and dad's couch, we're TRYING to get me an apartment before she gets here, but I've only got 39 days to go! D: I've got some clothes for her, and a box of diapers, a single thing of wipes, some blankets and towels, and nada else. The baby shower is a week from now (8/6/11), so hopefully I'll have at least a pak'n'play (as planned instead of a crib), a carseat (which, if I don't get one of those, I'll at least get one from the health department. :( ), and... Idk. I just hope to be in my own place by the time she gets here. All the fancy stuff is really unnecessary in the beginning, since I'm strictly breastfeeding. I'm not even sure if I want to use binkies or not.

.... Okay, this made me sad. :(
  • I did the last couple things today, which was steralize his bottles and installed his carseat...he will be here Sunday :)

But after reading through these lists I realized I need to steralize his binkis =/
  • Ugh....I'm going through nesting BAD but there's nothing I can really do this early :/ I'm 27 weeks. We are going to be moving before baby gets here so I can't really set up anything and my baby shower isn't for another whole month :( ehhh idk what to do with myself lol
  • I'm 33 weeks and Im having my baby shower on August 20th. So I have to have that, wash and put away everything, and clean my house spotless. Not to much.
  • I live with m.y sister and was having a rough patch for a little while so i have basically nothing.. my grandma has been sending some clothes for her as well as a diaper bag and baby carrier thingy... I also got a car seat from my neighbor as well as their old pack and play... For my wedding i got a boppy three bottles a package of wipes and two packs of cloth diapers.. but other than that i have nothing... And i honestly dont care... As long as my baby is fed safe and has a place to rest her head im fine...
  • Everything + finishing buying my house, soooo disorganised. Got nappies though! :)) x
  • edited July 2011
    Everything ive been waiting till i moved,, me and my bf move in out apt on monday. I have some stuff for the baby but waiting till after babyshower to get anything else i need.. babyshower is 8/6/11 and 8/13/11 .. so i need to clean the apt unpack and straigthen up me and bf stuff with his help of course. Then after baby shower organize her stuff and pack diaper bag and hospital bag.. oh and i really want to paint before she gets here ..oh and 32w3d today
  • EVERYTHING!!!! I'm due august 23 oh em gee!!!! I'm so nervous, I have everything left to do, of course its because of my culture but I think I'm going to break some rules because I almost had a panic attack lol