he wont help (rant)

edited August 2011 in Parenting
I hav a gorgeous little baby boy but my partner wont help he with the bottles bathing nappy changes everything really, yes he tidys our flat + cooks most nights but so do i. + since he went bac 2 work hes spends no time with him. I even do the night feeds so hes not tired for work. He gets home @ 5.30ish + JD has his bottle about 6.30 after his bath, which i do so there is 30 mins wen hes layed on his play mat wanting his daddy 2 play with him. I dont no wat 2 do iv tried talking 2 him but we just end up arguing. So as i dont get alot of sleep + even thought JD is 11 weeks now im still sore from the c section + find it really hard 2 do 2 much with out needing 2 stop + sit 4 abit. All i want is some help at the weekends + evenings!! Wat should i do?? I actually feel like a single mum + i dont want 2 b.
Amy x

Comments

• Some guys just suck and won't help. You can talk to him and explain your side and hope he stops being a jerk, but you can't make him do anything. : ( Sometimes, guys are just scared, they don't know what to do with a baby and they're afraid to mess up. And I know with my hubby, in the beginning, I would always push him away because he wasn't doing it "right" and then he'd get mad and just not try to help. But we usually took turns.
  • He might b scared im not sure but i do no he nos wat 2 do coz he helped bring up a brother + 2 sisters 1 with special needs from wen he was about 12 years old till wen he moved in with me
  • Lots of men are scared because babies are tiny and "breakable". And some men just wont change diapers...my father changed ONE shitty diaper out of 3 kids and only because his other option was to shovel 4 feet of snow lol
    its possible when you try talking with him ut ends in a fight because you're frustrated to begin with and exhausted. Try staying calm and don't ask him, tell him look we are both parents and I need help.
  • I know my bf is GREAT with toddlers, but I'm worried he wont want to do much with a newborn - 6/7 mo.
  • I agree my bf admitted he's going to be scared about holding baby and stuff cause they're so fragile but I told him its okay we'll get use to it cause its our first mym mom was scared with her first too
  • @laura536 + @mrs_shu Thanks i hope he starts helping out soon.
    @caroline8_p im sure he will b brill if he already loves kids
    @bbylucasMomma good luck with ur babby just wait till u see his/her little eyes look at u 4 the first time + the first cuddle it is amazing