Getting a version done on Monday

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
I am so nervous! My doctor didn't want to do a version til 39 weeks which is insane because I have never made it past 36 weeks with my babies. This is the first. I am 36 weeks 2 days. I will be 37 1 when they perform the version. My doctor put up a fight but I stood my ground. She has the highest c section percentage in our city. She likes to be in control and I think she was secretly hoping I would just go into labor so she could do a c section. And she was saying that the baby will probably just flip back to breech. She was trying to talk me out of it. Around 2.5% of babies flip back to breech. I think it is worth the risk don't you? Sorry about my little vent. I wish I would have switched doctors a long time ago!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think always doing a c-section for the ease to the dr is unnecessary. What's a version?
  • You can still switch or when you go into labor just go to a different hospital.
  • A version is where the doctor flips baby from breech to head down. There isn't a different hospital here. We live in SD. Lol
  • @mama0811 its where the practitioner externally rotates the baby from breech/transverse to head down. I've heard it's not really too comfy.

@surprise_due8_28 good luck hopefully baby stays head down!
  • Oh that's not good. But maybe baby will stay head down! %%-
  • @homebirthadvocate sorry I tag you all the time. Lol. Would any doctor induce at 37 weeks after the version is complete so I dont have to risk her flipping back?
  • I had a version done at 37+2 weeks. It was very successful! It took 7 minutes to turn my baby; it didn't hurt but was slightly uncomfortable. I just focused on my breathing and I was ok. Baby stayed head down and I had a wonderful, quick, all natural, vaginal birth at 38+5 weeks. My son is 11 days old today. I was terrified of the potential risks of the version, but I prayed and I'm glad I went through with it because I didn't want a c-section. I hope yours goes just as great!
  • My doula knew the information. Not sure how she got it.
  • Some doctors Are just money hungry! Insurance pays more for c-sections so I bet that is the deal. My doctor on the contrary, won't deal with c-sec and i told her i would like a version to be done just in case. But my babies were all good babies, never needed versions