Anyone get Braxton Hicks like this?

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
When mine kick in, not only do my lungs feel compressed (which I've read is normal), but it feels like someone is squeezing the sides of my neck. It's sort of where my lymph nodes are. It gets very tight, and I can feel the blood rushing to my head like I'm being choked. It makes it difficult to talk or breathe. It's very bizarre. Anyone else?

Comments

• nope...my stomach gets hard and shortness in breathing and pressure on my bladder
  • edited August 2011
    @nameless, that's what I get too but lately have been getting the choking feeling on top of that. Weird.

So no one else gets this? I'm the oddball out? LoL.
  • I feel the same way when i lay flat but not while Im getting braxton hicks, well that I've noticed
  • Those are contractions
  • @HavingNumber4, what I'm having, you mean? I'm not sure how you figure that. They don't hurt.
  • It sounds like u are laying weird, baby puts pressure on return venous blood flow and causes those feelings, switch positions and you should feel better!
  • @ekscvc14, I'm not sure if you're responding to me or @LolasBabyNum1. My issue happens lying down, sitting up and standing.
  • Contractions dont always hurt I've had some and I wouldn't notice it if I wasn't on the monitor I actually told the dr and nurses oh I get them all the time
  • edited August 2011
    How are you feeling
  • @HavingNumber4, in general I feel awesome. I always tell people I wouldn't know I'm pregnant if it weren't for a mirror and my daughter's constant kicking, and I'm just about 31 weeks. :) I just thought this was odd.

So you would classify these as regular contractions? Should I bring this up at my next appointment?
  • That happens to me too, sometimes it feels like my head is pulsating as well. I would ask your doc but I'm sure its normal...
  • Its happened to me sitting and lying, the pulsing in neck/head/throat, sometimes if u get up too soon, or get overheated, soothing about venous flow and all the extra blood we have..good luck!
  • When is your dr appt
  • It happens to me! they choke me & hurt:( I wonder if their normal braxton hicks??!