labor question

edited August 2011 in Labor
36.1 is that considered premature?

Comments

• I think so yes I read 37 is full term
  • Really 6 days is a big difference you think? I've been having the worst contractions!
  • I heard the brain development can be such a difference from 36 weeks to 37.
  • My doctor says 36 weeks is full term. He has taken me off my contraction stopping meds and said we will see what happens. If you're contracting u need to go.
  • I seen that to...ugh hopefully he'll stay put for 6 more days LOL
  • @katiep8610 I'm trying to wait a few more hours...my hospital is an hour away and I don't wanna drive that far if the will just send me home
  • Ok just be safe.
  • Don't wait until contractions r to painful otherwise u wont b able to drive...keep us updated
  • Ps. I'd go just to get another ultrasound or to hear him on monitors lol
  • My husband will drive...but I'll def keep you updated
  • Plz do. Im wide awake now!
  • baby will be fine if born a t 36
  • @bummy87 contractions stop last night and now they are back probably because I'm walking! But thanks for that info I did more research and seen that some doctors consider 36 weeks term...I'm trying to hold him in another week or so but well see!
  • so I have whats called asn agrivated uterus by walking moving bumpy driving whatever I can cause contractions that hurt like hell but do nothing anyway hope u dont all the best xx
  • I think 37 weeks is considered full term. At my hospital, if the baby is born before 37 weeks, they are required to b
    e in the nicu for monitoring. A friend of mine had her baby a couple weeks ago and she was 36 weeks. The baby had difficulty maintaining breaths on his own and stayed in the nicu for 8 days. He's doing great now and weighs around 8 pounds.
  • Well I'm still pregnant and I plan to be for at least another 5 days just walking so that the process starts...my doctor checked me on Monday and said bby was low, my cervix were soft and that I was starting to dilate! She thinks about two more week!