you know your a mommy when...

edited August 2011 in Just for Fun
Well I'm sitting here holding my Lil man after a single diaper change turned into six (every time I got a new diaper under his bum he pee'd or poo'd b4 I could even get the diaper shut) which got me to thinkin about how much things have already changed in my Lil mans 8 days of life...

You know your a new mommy when u open the front door to only have your Lil sister bust up laughing cuz you didn't notice you've been leaking all over your shirt...

When You spend 15 min trying to change one diaper only to sit down and have your Lil one take their biggest dump yet in the diaper you just put on them. And all you can do is sit and laugh.

Comments

• When u fill ur purse with trash just to make ur house look cleaner
  • Lol I can't wait for my little man to get here
  • Aww i can't wait to be a mummy!
  • I'm not a new mother, I have a 3 yr old, but...
    You know your a mother when your getting your wallet out of your purse and have to pull out lil boy undies and socks to find it.
  • When u walk around with stains on your shirt and say why bother to change when its just going to get dirty again anyway! Or when u leave the house without brushing your hair and could care less haha
  • LOL! @nicoleok87 - guilty :)

When you pack the diaper bag to go to the Dr thinking it'll only be a 30 min trip I don't need much. Only to get there And need to change a dirty diaper and realize you forgot wipes. So embarrassing to ask the Dr for wipes!!!
  • @sands3 i ment it for all mommy's :) I'm just a ftm. Sorry if I cause any confusion.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • When you refer to the bathroom as the potty!
  • When the only writing utensil in your purse is a yellow crayon.

When Justin Beiber is the #1 played song on your iPod.

When you buckle in someone's imaginary friend...or even better, yesterday, I was washing an imaginary bug down the sink.
  • @laura536 - lmbo! That's is my favorite! (Bug) I can't wait for this stuff.
  • lol, I have a 5 yo and she has quite an imagination! It comes soo quickly though! I can't even believe she starts Kindergarten in a few weeks!!
  • @laura536 - yeah I keep saying I can't wait but I know ill miss days like today when all I get to do is hold him in my arms all day. He's so precious and perfect all I wanna do is watch him so I don't miss a thing.
  • When your 2 and 4 year old wore the same clothes two days in a row cuz they slept in them and u didn't leave the house today so why bother changing them!
  • Wen ur kid wants to pick out there own clothes. So they go out with an orange shirt an red shirts lol
  • * red shorts^
  • When your hot new purse is really a big diaper bag

Whn u wake up evry hour to make sure your lil one is breathing

When you leave ur lik one with hubby for a few hours n the 1st thing u ask s did lil one poop. If so what was it like
  • Most important when its not just u you have to think about looking after now its a precious little boy/girl ur whole life rules around

When your old routine of pampering urself wot took a hour or 2 hour max is now a 2.day thing in-between naps feeding and when babys not crying

When u have to plan ur showers around baby an not be able to just jump in

When u have to night feed lol
  • Some of these I didn't even realize I was guilty of. Lol
  • when you don't even bat an eye when you finally realize you have a bit of poo on your cheek.
  • @waasae - LOL! Haven't dine that one yet. :)
  • you know your a mommy when you get pooped on while hold your little one and all you do is laugh!!... my little one poops through her diaper! she takes massive watery poops lol
  • When you would give anything for a break from doing all of it but as soon as you have the chance you either call and check on them every five mins or can't stop thinking or talking about them and everyone gets annoyed

When you are so exhausted and complain cause all you want is sleep but as soon as they are sleeping and you have the chance you just stand over them watching them sleep and checking to make sure their still breathing and just trying to soak it all in cause you know it cant last forever

Sn: my hormones are crazy the closer I get to delivery and I was crying reading and remeberig how I felt with my first and how much I love her and already love this little girl.being a mommy is the toughest, most exhausting, dirtiest, full time job but yet the most rewarding and fulfilling one you will ever have. Enjoy every minute of it preglys!!
  • @tbaby2011 I'm a new mom and every word you said is so true and I got half way through and found my self crying, becouse before i know he'll be grown up in a blink of an eye.. Thank you for your words darling... Love and light to you!! :)
  • @newflmom2b thanks and its true when they say time flies cause it seems like yesterday I was bringing my daughter home and in dec she will be 3 already. Just always remember to stop and take pics and do the little stuff to make the memories cause it will be a blur in a few years lol enjoy! :)
  • You know your a mommy when you can turn every love ever made into the meaning for your babies! ;) it's amazing how Chicago and reo speedwagon became lullabies LMAO
  • Tbaby2011 - so very true!! It seems like every time someone else wants to hold him I instantly want him back! And watching him sleep is the best thing in the world.
  • When u smell like milk and just recently start snoring in your sleep cause you r .Si tired