gave birth yesterday and now

edited August 2011 in Giving birth
Its our first night home and my feet are so swollen they hurt any suggestions to make them stop

Comments

• They let you go the next day?
  • @2girls_1boy generally natural birth with no complications OS only a 24 stay

Epsom salt will bring down the swelling and ease the pain. However I do not believe that's normal
  • @2girls_1boy generally natural birth with no complications OS only a 24 stay

Epsom salt will bring down the swelling and ease the pain. However I do not believe that's normal
  • Mine were the same way and nothing would help. Not much any way the best thing I could do was stay off of them and keep them elevated. Its been 8 days and they are finally almost normal again. Motrin was what the Dr told me to take aswell.
  • Mine were very swollen for the first week. It's normal to experience some swelling after birthday since we still have retained fluid in us from pregnancy. Try to keep your feet elevated as much as possible and drink plenty of fluids.
  • Ooops i meant birth, not birthday.
  • My feet were like balloons after both my kids. I would be concerned if it's painful. My doctor said that's a sign of a blood clot.
  • @soon2b3 realy I'm in nyc they make me stay 3 days vaginal whitout complications !!! I think is better to stay longer the 24 hours
  • Elevate them soak them in epsom salt
  • They make you stay 48 hours here, but with my first I was only at the birth center for 4 hours after the birth. I was told minor swelling was ok but anything that ws painful or that didn't look or fel normal then I was too callthe midwife or go to the hospital
  • usually home same day over here if vaginal and no problems :/
  • Mine are to i gave birth on Monday I've been home for 2 days and i noticed last night they were swollen when i left the hospital they were normal but i think it was from the compresion (sp) sock i had on there i took them home and put them on a bit ago and they seem to be going down ill see in the morning if they are better
  • Mine swelled especially the right...normak take your ibuprophen!
  • If they gave u fluids by I.v. its very normal. U take in more than ur body can get rid of. If it gets worse or lasts I would worry
  • Wow.. 24 hours.. I work for blue cross insurance...have always thought 48 hours for vaginal 72 hours for csection..
  • My feet look better until I get up and move around then they blow up
  • Mine were the same way hun. It took about a week to go down. I was sent home within 24 hours with both my girls as well. Its so much nicer to be home than in the hospital.
  • Try some warm compress and light massage to push the fluid back into ur body so u can pee it out.

My hospital in northern VA is 24hrs for vaginal and 48hrs for an uncomplicated section
  • They gave me the option of staying or going home I almost stayed because we are moving today. I'm so sore there's nothing I can do to help
  • If its painful then get checked out it could be blood clots!
  • I agree if its painful go in asap!
  • The swelling went almost away when I slept last night. Its back because I've been up moving around a lot we are moving today
  • @camommy did they give u pitocin to help labor? I know w my 3 that i swelled after delivery but it wasn't to awful. It would go down @ night but duuring the day it would come back. It usually took me about 4 days to get over the side affects.
    I would call your ob office and see what they say, bc if it is painful i would b concerned.

GL momma, and congratulations on your new baby.