Is it even worth it to look for a job?

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 7 1/2 months and I'm not working right now.. I need a job. Things are pretty tight around here. Is it even worth it to look for one right now? Has anyone else found a job so late in their pregnancy?

Comments

• you can always try your best but i would overly stress about it as it's not good for you and baby, and chances of getting a job at this point is slim...as much as any business wants to claim they are not discriminating.
  • @survivormommie3 I'm more stressed about us not having any money, lol. It's driving me crazy.. any other time (we've been in this situation many times before) it would be just me stressing about bills, but now we have the baby on the way, and nothing is ready for her.. because we can't afford it. I think I might try some temp agencies.. maybe they can find me something temporary, and it would be helping me and the employer..
  • I dont think so. I mean once u have the baby I'm sure you'll be off for a while. I recently graduated with my bachelors in accounting and am waiting till after I have the baby to start looking for a new job.
  • The temp thing is a good idea. I thought u meant a permanant job.
  • @excitedforOctober thanks.. I'm gonna apply at temp agencies for temp positions on the off chance I might get something.

Any ideas on what I could do from home?
  • @EXCITEDFOROCTOBER that would be awesome, but I don't think I'm gonna hold my breath for a permanent one..
  • I'm 7 months and I recently went on a couple of interviews and it only upset me but the temp idea sounds good I may even try that cause I'm in the same boat.
  • Look into day care centers. Not only will they prob hire part time at least for now but then once the baby is born (if you don't already have somewhere) it can go there. A lot of them have free childcare for employees if not big discounts.
  • Yes that temp idea is a good one. I can understand i need a job too. I am sixs month now and i dont want to be on dss anymore i want to work for my family.
  • I tried to get a job when I was around 6 months preggo, cause I was bored sitting around the house after my semester ended. I applied for a job, that my cousin works at, so I had a little connection there. And I still didn't get the job...I know it was because I was pregnant. That's just my experience, after that, and I applied to three other jobs, I just stopped applying. Plus, when my baby is born I'm going to be a stay at home mom. I'm thankful that my husbands pay (ARMY) allows me to stay home with her.
  • Thanks ladies.. although its a disappointment, I guess I probably won't get a permanent job.. but I do have a couple of other options.. good luck to you other mommies who are looking, too. I hope ya'll find something, too.
    @Cait_SeptemberMommy @beebetty @Mattandmallory27 @serenitysmommy
  • ive been looking for one and even got an interview at a in home daycare... i told her that i was 32 weeks pregnant and she said that she still wanted to interview me so well see if i get the job or not... by bf didnt want me to get one but i mean things are tight around here too and he doesnt have a job either so im like i need some extra money cause my va benifits are about to stop
  • u could always try but dont get upset if u dont receive the responses u desire. im 5 months and i just started a job(given that it is at the same place as my mom) but they know i am going to be out mid december to end of jan. like everything, it doesnt hurt to try but u shouldnt get stressed if the outcome is negative. good luck if u decide and do find a place to work. not sure if this is something u would consider but i do know that the dollar tree stores hire on and off all the time and in a situation where u need the money it could help.
  • Ok so i hadnt worked for a year already but I'm 33 weeks n just started a new job 2 weeks ago! I have to be honest I feel great working. We really need the money so I got lucky. The only advice I can offer is to go in there overly confident. Let them know yeah obviously I'm preggo but u wont find someone better for the position than me. But make sure u don't stress yourself out over it. If they call they call, if they don't then its their loss not yours! GL