30 weeks pregnant and my baby weighs 4lbs 5oz! yikes!

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
shes gunna be HUGE! she is in the 85 percentile! if she keeps growing like this she is gunna be 10lbs!

anyone else have a huge baby at 30 weeks lol NO WONDER IM MEASURING 6 WEEKS AHEAD!

im in trouble lol

Comments

• My baby was 4 lbs 1 oz at 32 weeks an my dr said she was in the 39 percentile. I thought that was a good weight though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2011
    I had a US today at 33W2D and my baby weighed 4 lb 15 oz and was measuring closer to 34 weeks. 54th percentile. I think you're only measuring about 2 weeks ahead, not 6. You'd better put baby on a diet as you get closer to the end! Then give her buffets AFTER the exit ;)
  • Wow lol I'm 30 weeks and my little man is only 2 1/2 pounds.
  • I will be 32 weeks Friday. And I have a u/s tomorrow. I will let you know then how big my little man is.
  • lol @mschop ahh i knew when they said i was measuring big she was gunna be huge! i was 10.1 when i was born but my mom had GD i dont but if she continues at this rate she will be all of 10 lbs the doctor said...yikes!

i know ultrasounds arnt always correct but im just worried bc when i was born i got stuck and i have a birth injury bc of it and i really really dont want this to happen to my little girl its been really hard and painful and ive had many surgeries bc of it and i would be devistated if this happened to her!
  • I understand your concerns. I think doctors do a better job these days of anticipating difficulties such as getting stuck. Still happens, but less than it used to. As you get closer to the end, they should be able to make a call as to whether it looks risky and then just send you for a c-section instead. Good luck!
  • I wouldn't say that's big Its normal lol I was 5 lbs 12 oz when I was born
  • I'm 29 weeks and my guy measures at 3lbs and 2oz
  • @darknesofnight4u im only 30 weeks tho!

@nikkimb3 see thats perfect! thats what she should be weighing! @pebblesmommy thanks so much! i am lucky bc im getting really good care and they are watching me VERY close! i dont think with the BP and weight they will let me go past 37 weeks and at most 38 so hopefully she wont get to to big!
  • @mrsg lol im thinking the same thing haha they will prob b wrong they said 9 with my son and he was 7.2 but either way i enjoy the weekly ultrasounds but still cant help but worry!
  • @traci84lucas thanks girl! good luck and keep me posted :]
  • Mine weighed 5 pounds at 32w
  • @Landynplus1momma I thought so but the u/s tech said that he was a big baby, that most of the ladies who go in have babies that weigh about 1- 2lbs ish
  • wow im in alot of trouble than haha @nikkmb3 @valentinasmommy im sure she will be every bit of 5lbs i still have 2 weeks til im 32

! i have to go every week tho and get non stress tests and ultrasounds to make sure everything is ok!
  • lol i totally just realized we are due so close to eachother thats so cool! how has your pregnany been so far? how old is your first? @MRSG
  • How is it that all u ladies know ur babys weight? I'm 30w n idk how much he weighs n they never tell me at the docs n I've only had one u/s :(
  • @MRSG well its going pregnancy just must not be for me this is my 2nd with high blood pressure and all these fun complications! it hasnt been fun! and im already dialated to 2! lol my son is 20 months old and he is such a pistol he keeps me on his toes and beats his babuy sister up already! 3 years old is such a perfect age to become a big brother, had this baby not been such a suprise i would have wanted to wait until landyn was 3 lol soo glad to hear everything has been pretty easy for u! oh and im due october 14th which happens to b my hubbys bday!
  • @dra765 i only know bc ive had to have like 8 ultrasounds so far bc of my BP and double checking the babys heart bc i have a heart condition and then i was measuring big so there doing ultrasounds every week to make sure she isnt getting to big, i know it sucks not getting to see your little one but be thankful bc usually lots of ultrasounds is bc somethings going on or somethings wrong
  • Oh yea that makes sense...I just feel kinda sad I don't think my doc is gonna give me any more u/s n usually women r suppose to have an apt like every 2 weeks when u get to like 32 or somethin but not me :l every 4 still
  • Just got done with my ultrasound and my whopper is 5lbs 3oz. He is 2 weeks ahead and add a 1/2 a pound a week I am looking at 9+ baby again
  • Im 33.2 weeks and my baby is 5lbs 3 oz
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • At 30wks my baby was 3lbs 6oz
  • @traci84lucas im sure in 2 weeks my baby will be every bit of 5 pounds too lol! yikes for big babies good luck mama i hope evrything goes good for u!

thanks @youngmami3 @mommaJTall & @Lmelanson soo much for taking the time to post also! hopefully my baby will just average out at some point if i have a baby any bigger than 7.2 which is what my son was and i had a 4th degree tear with his tiny butt im gunna be tore up haha good luck with everything tho ladies :]
  • Good luck to you to!