step son stessing me out ( quite long as have noone to rant to atm)

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
My step son is 9 years old 10 in january. 95% of the time he is a good lad part from the odd cheek n tantrum like most kids have... but this last week I have taken him out nearly every day and he has played up n sulked while we have been out. He just cries for no reason and I have really had enough of him this week. I need a break. He stressed me out so much this morning that he made me feel so sick I had to lay down. he can be so ungreatful for what me and his dad do... His mother hasnt even bothered with him since 14th may (which is a good thing for us she bit psycho lol) but i treat him like my own and love him as my own but he just keeps pushing it this week and I dont know what to do with him. Cant wait till they go back to school,,, his dad at work all day so I am on my own with him. I know he might be bored but I have suggested making cakes/ going for a walk/take dog out/ etc etc but he just doesnt wanna do anything and when he does he just mardy all the time we doing which makes me mad aswell. He just cries like a 2 year old. My baby is due in 7 weeks and I cant be doing with a new born and a 9 year old crying!!!
Thanks for listening : )

Comments

• Its goin to be ok soon he will be goin back to school n he will be there for most of the day n u will be wit ur baby nice n quite. Just hang in there take to ur hubby n tell him how u feel
  • If he carries on I will be hanging in there (from the light fittings) lol I will try n talk to him tonight thanks x
  • When I was 9 I went through a pity party stage. Mine was worse. Maybe try doing things that he likes to do. Maybe the baby coming makes him affraid of being replaced. Its sucks though hopefully he will get out of this slump soon.
  • it just feels like nothing we do is good enough.
  • Is his father spending actual time with him? I ask because you mentioned you've taken him out every day (assuming while dads at work) but when he gets home is he spending some time one on one? That could be the solution, just dad and him doing a puzzle or playing a video game or heck even going to the batting cages (ya know 'man' stuff lol) while they do that you could relax, read a book, have some peace and quiet :) plus I'm sure the fact his own mother hasn't called for almost 3 months is hurting him too.
  • I was gonna say the same. Hes probably hurting that his mom hasnt cared over last few months and he might b missing his school friends. I know my 6yr old is starting to act up a little and i know its fron no being in school right now.