post csec question about the tape.

edited August 2011 in Health
I had my csec 10 days ago. I didn't get staples just the suitures(sp) and I have the tape running vertically...there's about 11 pieces. My question is....should I start to take them off? The doc said not to...but these things are not coming off! What shld I do????

Comments

• hmmm mine was removed before I left the hospital for both my sections...sorry I cant help
  • aww booo @bigmamak lol. I left at 48 hrs bc I had to attend a funeral. I regret leaving so soon.
  • Mine was removed too. I got to bathe with it at the hospital I just couldn't get it wet. I got stitches and the glue on it
  • @SalasMommy I showered in the hos too but they told me to wash the wound twice a day. So I do. Ugh.
  • I would take it off it didn't last long at the hospital. Just scrub it softly and be careful not to hurt yourself. Fyi. The removal of tape there hurt me sooo much
  • First I had staples and they took them out then they put the terry strips on.I left it on. If it was hanging id just take the rest off. I also had a dr appt 2 weeks after my c sec and the dr took the terry strips off my incision.
  • I have same no staples ...just stitches and tape...dr told me to just let them fall off on their own...its been 9 days and I shower everyday...so I still haven't touched them! !!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I left mine on until they fell off. I was to scared to mess with them.
  • no leave them on they will eventually fall off,it takes forever but they will come off...i had those with my second c section and mine took forever...you have stitches on the inside of your cut they sew it inside out and put the strips on the outside...i had staples with my 1st and strips with my 2nd and now just stitches with my 3rd