I am now showing all signs of PRE-E!

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
I went to my 34 week appointment today. I was expecting to hear the typical "blood pressure is borderline" spew from my doctor. Instead she came in saying " Your blood pressure is a mess and if we don't get a better reading you'll be going straight to labor and delivery!" I am now on weekly appointments early and have a 24 hour urine analysis due next friday for protein check. Not very reassuring! I also recently had to go into Labor and Delivery to have my bp monitored because I had blurry vision, in which they found protein in my urine for the first time. I asked my doctor today if I have ever had protein in my urine and she said not at all before the hospital on July 30th.

Comments

• I had bp blurry vision was the first sign
  • I have had extreme swelling since March and Problems with borderline bp since then as well.
  • is dizzyness & tiredness symptoms too? I went to the store &checked my blood pressure & it was a little high I always have blurry vision so idk how bad doea your vision get
  • booo.
    @moodymommie dizziness is in fact a sign. i am not sure tiredness though, maybe someone else can help wtih that one
  • edited August 2011
    High blood pressure (hypertension) — 140/90 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg) or greater — documented on two occasions, at least six hours but no more than seven days apart
    Excess protein in your urine (proteinuria)
    Severe headachesChanges in vision, including temporary loss of vision, blurred vision or light sensitivity
    Upper abdominal pain, usually under your ribs on the right side
    Nausea or vomitingDizzinessDecreased urine outputSudden weight gain, typically more than 2 pounds (0.9 kilogram) a week

Swelling (edema), particularly in your face and hands, often accompanies preeclampsia. Swelling isn't considered a reliable sign of preeclampsia, however, because it also occurs in many normal pregnancies.

Also found this
    What are the symptoms of preeclampsia? Mild preeclampsia: high blood pressure, water retention,
    and protein in the urine.
    Severe preeclampsia: headaches, blurred vision,
    inability to tolerate bright light, fatigue, nausea/vomiting, urinating
    small amounts, pain in the upper right abdomen, shortness of breath,
    and tendency to bruise easily. Contact your doctor immediately if
    you experience blurred vision, severe headaches, abdominal pain, and/or
    urinating very infrequently .
  • edited August 2011
    @moodymommie I was also seeing spots in my vision, my blurry vision was enough that I couldn't make out peoples faces. At first I thought I had something in my eyes causing them to be blurry. I have had super extreme and sudden bouts of tiredness and then they go away fast.
  • i have pre-e :(
  • @jazzi89 What do they do after they find the protein in the 24hr urine collection? I never had this with my first pregnancy and my husband is a truck driver so we are worried that I will have to be induced with him out of town!