Just did my birthing plan!!!!

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
I'm feeling pretty good about it. I wasn't going to do one, but after seeing how my hospital works after a preterm labor scare, I decided it was best I go ahead and do one. I opted for:

-my husband to be in the room, along with my mom.
-I want to wear my own gown
-be able to have pictures taken as well as video the birth.
-I want the option to go home if I'm not in active labor.
- I want my husband or mother in the room at all times once admitted
-No residents, medical students, etc
- I want to be able to eat if I want to
- I want to be free of time limitations
- Pain relief will be the epidural
-NO pitocin [-X
-Free positioning while pushing
-I want to use the birthing mirror
-NO episiotomy
-Immediate skin-to-skin contact
-Breastfeed as soon as possible
-My hubby or mom to cut the umbilical cord
-After birth, I would like a cot provided for my husband/ or some kind of bed
-He will be circumcised after birth at the hospital
- And FINALLY, I want to be discharged as soon as possible with my baby!!!!!

SOOOO, Am I missing anything ladies????? :-??

Comments

• I printed mine off of baby center just to make sure I had everything and missed nothing!!!
  • @Mybabe ... That's where I printed mine. I had to add some stuff to it though.Like the No pitocin.....I definately don't want that!!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MrsG ...I'm guessing you give it to your doctor/nurse. I went to a breastfeeding class today and they told me they try their best to stick to the mother's wishes...so I decided I'd go ahead and do one
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @TricesBaby ...Thanks...I'm going to ask about the filming... :)
  • Never thought about low lighting. Wonder if they would allow me to have aromatherapy
  • i always hear about these birthing plans but i never did make one..and i already have two kids lol. i didn't know u can make one... i wonder if its because i have kaiser medical and they never told me i need one? or are u supposed to just make one and tell them?
  • @TricesBaby ohh so do u like type it out on paper oru just tell them ahead of time? i thought u just bring whoever u want and and tell them what u wanna do when r are there lol. but i was only 16&18 when i had my other kids so i was pretty clueless.. but my pregnancies and births went smooth last time. i'm thinking it might be different this time around because i already am having problems so i might need to make one
  • Ohh I want one! And I will make sure to include that everytime a nurse doc or whatever staff comes in they tell y they're there and what they're about to do!! Yup I hate having to ask ehen someone rude just comes in. Ugh
  • So I guess they'll put it in ur chart. I will make sure its posted up for all nurses n staff as well, n my room!!
  • @TricesBaby ...I agree. My last experience was horrible. They TOLD me what I could and couldn't do. They TOLD me they were putting me on pitocin and I COULDN'T walk around etc etc. Needless to say, that was the worst labor experience EVERRRRR L-)
  • Here is mine

Birth Plan
    • 1rst Stage – Labor
    • Environment – We are seeking to create a calm environment by keeping the door closed, lights dimmed and voices low.
    • Vaginal exams – minimal
    • Monitoring: Intermittent monitoring
    • IV’s – no routine IV, will allow heparin lock
    • Medications;
    o We are planning to use natural methods for labor and child birth.
    o I am aware of the pain medication available and will ask for them if I need them.
    • Informed Consent: please explain everything to us and give us time to make a decision

• 2nd Stage – Birth
    • Pushing
    o In various positions
    o Please have squat bar and birthing ball available
    o I would prefer to wait to push until I feel the urge

• No Episiotomy; I would prefer to tear naturally
    • Baby brought to mother’s chest immediately
    • Please do not clamp/cut the cord; we will wait until it is done pulsing; doula will cut the cord

• 3rd Stage – Delivery of Placenta
    • Placenta delivered spontaneously
    • I would prefer no routine shot of Pitocin, I will breastfeed, use nipple stimulation, and uterine massage
    • No cord traction

• Immediate Postpartum and Baby Care
    • Vitamin K and Erythromycin administration - ok
    • Circumcision if boy
    • No immediate or early bathing, when bathed please do not wash the baby’s hands.
  • I had learned the hospital I'm delivering at won't let you eat. Only have icepops and ice but my bf will be there and he'll want.to feed.me.lol
  • @LittleFae ... Yours is pretty good!!!! What's the purpose of letting the cord finish pulsing before it's cut??
  • edited August 2011
    @valentinasmommy ...I don't think mine will either, but I will sneak something in there in a heartbeat!!!! That's crazy...
  • Lol. It has a McDonald's and a cafeteria in it. Bf will get it. I'll have to act like its his when the doc/nurse come in.
  • I was going to write out a birthing plan..then my daughter came 4 weeks early and it all went out the window lol. Luckily my midwife remembered what we talked about, and my bf spoke up for me. I planned on using a mirror, but I was in so much pain I couldn't even open my eyes lol. I was allowed to drink Apple juice which was extremely comforting for some reason lol.
  • edited August 2011
    @valentinasmommy @starrxoxo9 ...When I had to go in last month, they were giving me juice, soup (with no meat), and ice...It was horrible....My friend's came to see me and they had chips, and honey buns....I was there for 3days, wasn't allowed to eat until the 2nd day and they give me that crap.....I refuse to let that happen again >:p
  • @armywife3 - allowing the cord to finish pulsating allows the rest of the blood/nutrients from the placenta to reach the baby allowing the baby an easier time at adjusting from living inside to having to survive/breath on the outside. It helps the baby with oxygen flow as the baby figures out breathing.

• edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
  • @armywife3. There are some parts of your birth plan that should be compared to your hospitals policy. Such as the eating and video taping. Some hospitals will let you video tape the labor but not the actual delivery. Also you said you want free positioning but you want an epi for pain meds. Free positioning while pushing is not possible with an epi. Other than that sounds like a good plan. Just remember to stay flexible :)
  • @tlj2011 ...well after the epidural, I'm fine with being bed bound, but before I get it, I would like to be able to move around. If they tell me I can't eat, somebody WILL be sneaking me a big juicy burger :-D ...As far as the videoing :-?? ...that's going to be a major issue for me, because I'm not sure if my hubby is going to be here or not
  • Nice Plans Ladies
  • I'm sorry. When I stayed there over night once I had food.like real food so I don't get why you can't have it while in labor. Especially if you in it 5 plus hours. Omg!