Has anyone's baby pooped in the womb?

edited August 2011 in Health
I read a post that scared me then looked it up and got even more scared...Have anyone baby ever pooped due to castor oil if so how much did u take and what were the affects of ur baby if u took castor oil and it didn't happen please.say that too ....if u didn't take castor oil please dont lecture

Comments

• I think castor oil only works on your digestive system not babies. I can be wrong. I myself would never do the oil. Don't like poopy pains. But I say it now might change my mind later. Lol. There's other things to try.
  • My son had a bowel movement during or just before labor *he came out a weird green* but I hadn't self induced
  • @beaded_bunny but his lungs and breathing was ok right
  • I looked it up also and found that castor oil can cause bm in babies... I would never try it. I want my baby out but not at that cost
  • Mine did! I drank 4oz at 39the wks and another 2 oz the day b4 I gave birth at 40 wks an 1a day
  • See my birth story
  • Yep never an issue. His right nostril is red along the outer rim *nurse made birth mark* from the extra intence suction to make sure they got everything but his lungs are perfect. He staid with me in my room never in an incadator or nicu nothing like that
  • I tried it with my second, i drank maybe 3oz and baby didnt have and bm b4 birth. Didnt do anything but make me feel like puking. Yuck! Would never do it again. Just thinking about it brings up that nasty taste!
  • I Was Just About To Post This Lol Thanks
  • No, but my husband was borm with marconia (sp) syndrome. He had his 1st bowel in the womb & breathe it in & it messed up his lungs & things real bad his 1st 6mos of life was in the nicu he had to get fed through a tube in his stomach & needed a colostimy bag & stayed on oxygen til he was 3 but then he snatched his feeding tubes out & starting trying to eat normally of course no he's fine only thing is he is def.in his left ear & he has a big lisp because he never sucked a bottle but he's fine I wouldnt have know til his mom told.me because when we 1st met he told me his scare's came from him.being shot & shanked! Smh lol but thats my info on it
  • My baby popped before birth. But I didn't self induce. The doctor broke my water and she notice there was green in it. I freaked out soo bad.
    But they put an internal monitor to make sure her heart rate was ok and they also flushed it out. Everytime I had a contraction this thing would flush it and I would feel a bunch of fluid come out of me. And when she was born they got her out quick, daddy didn't even cut the cord :( and she didn't cry. I didnt get to hold her for like 40 mins :(. They sucked any she had breathe in and checked her. But shes okay. :)
  • My baby pooped in the womb also, but I didn't take castor oil. They suctioned him and he was perfectly fine. He cried immediately. :)
  • Thanks for ur stories ladies I drunk 2 oz & had diarrhea for 2 days I wonder can they tell from an ultrasound if they had a bm I know plenty of ppl who did it with no problem but I was curious
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I did castor oil with my last 2 pregnancies and my babys didnt have a bm. I have heard that most of the time ur baby only has a bm in utero if u go over u DD not sure how true that is.
  • My mom is a midwife and it def can cause it. Its usually stress related though aswell.
  • My daughter pooped in the womb, but I did not self induce. She just came out kind of green, and I couldn't hold her right after she was born Cause they needed to try to make sure she didn't inhale anything.
    I've heard its usually stress that causes a bowel movement and castor oil can cause that stress, but its not a for sure thing. My daughter probably pooped cause she was over due, cause I had a pretty easy few weeks leading up to my labour.
  • My brother had a bm in the womb and was born with a collapsed lung :(
  • Thanks I'm being induced next week not sure which day yet I get that wednseday