braxton hicks at 16 weeks or not??? i think i felt them not sure though (

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
can u get braxton hicks at 16 weeks ???

Comments

• I don't think you start getting them till 20 weeks. I'm 23 weeks and I get them...
  • I know, I got them a lot around that time as well and now I'm 22 weeks. Whenever you don't know anything, Google will be your bestfriend. I promise. It's always there for me at 3am.

:)

When are you due?
  • They start typically in the 24th week although some women begin to experience them in the second month although not as "painful" as the ones in the later months(feeling like labor,sometimes)
    Hope this helps :)
    %%-
  • I'm 34 weeks and I don't think I've recognized I had experienced them cuz they've been painless! Real contractions is what I'm looking out for!
  • You can. The day I hit 16 weeks exactly I went to the emergency room bc I thought I was going into labor. My mom went into labor with me at 16 weeks && they had to stop it && then she went into labor almost every two or three weeks until they let her have me. So I was really scared I would be like her. Turns out they were just Braxton Hicks. && people saying oh they're just tighening of your stomach && they aren't painful lied. Some of them don't hurt, but most of them do. At least for me. I'm 32 weeks now && I've been having them since that day almost daily. =[.
  • @jmichelle how do you know weithet to rush to the hospital or just deal with them?
  • With my 2nd i started getting bh super early. If something concerns u ita very much worth checking out. Its always better to safe than sorry.
  • This happened to me and I am 13 weeks I called the dr an they told me to drink more water if you get them this early it because you need more fluids I had extra water and its been two days and no more bh... if they are painful or often call your dr.... hope it helps:)