Anyone else get a charlie horse while sleeping??

edited August 2011 in Health
It happened to me in the 2nd tri Now again in the 3rd!!! The past few nights i wake up in pain b/c it keeps happening!!! Ughh tell me I'm not the only one!

Comments

• I did ALL THE TIME but an easy way to stop it is to point your foot out towards the wall that stops it instantly also try eating bananas b/c its also a sign of low potassium
  • n more water! I've only had one so far.. hate em!!
  • Point your toes up! I get them all the time it sucks! Then its sore for a week afterwards :\ I'm almost 39wks
  • I used to get them all the time, but I've trained my body to never stretch by pointing my toes. Thats when it always happens so I've learned to flex my toes up toward my knees instead.
    I still get them in my feet though sometimes. :(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Drink more water, especially at night. I know its a pain because it means more bathroom runs. Also, start eating a banana once a day. The potassium does wonders for charlie horses AND heart murmurs/palpitations if you have those as well.
    Also as others have mentioned stretch your legs with toes pointed up towards the ceiling, not the foreword towards the wall.
  • Yep Almost EVERY Night Lol
  • ohh happens to me quite a bit.. u need bananas ! and water ! I have been in tears it hurt so bad!!
  • I get them every night. Drink propel and eat a banana before bed
  • Sure do quite a bit actually......
  • Ughh thanx ladies..glad I'm not the only one! It sucks!! :(
  • Whenever I got a Charlie horse i did what someone on here suggested and literally stood right up. Somehow the pressure of my entire body weight stopped it instantly
  • I get one maybe every few weeks, and its bs that it means u automatically need more water, I drink ATLEAST 5 bottles of water a day. Its just a perk of pregnancy! :)
  • I only had two thru this whole thing but they suck balls!
  • Those are the worse things to get in the middle of the night. I try to stand and put pressure on the foot that helps the pan go away. I can't wait for this pregnancy to end! Only 6 more wks!
  • I know it sounds dumb but eat a banana everyday and drink plenty of water and a pillow between your knees