Anyone told the wrong gender during their ultrasound???

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
Ok, so I've had 3 ultrasounds since 20 weeks to determine the gender and even though I'm comfortable with what we were told, DH is still unsure and wants to have another ultrasound done. So we are paying to have another one done this Saturday at a pregnancy spa. He wants a boy and I don't care if its a boy or girl. I'm 29 weeks now. Here's the story...

The first time, the baby wasn't showing us anything so we were told they couldn't tell us the gender.

The second time, the tech kept saying "ummmm, it's a boy, no...it's a girl, uhhhh....nope, its a boy, uhhh...girl, uhhhh...I really can't call it, so I'll say 60% chance of a girl.

The third ultrasound we paid to have it done at a pregnancy spa because my OB said it wasn't medically necessary to have another ultrasound. At this ultrasound the tech had a really hard time determining the gender. The baby would not turn the in right postion to see, but we did get a couple quick glimpses and we saw what looked like 3 lines. The tech said she was 80% sure it's a girl.

So, anyone been told the wrong gender during ultrsound?

Comments

• I waited til birth to find out with my first and will find out this one in just 5 weeks or less :) I hear about that sorta thing happening more and more often these days and unfortunately people don't find out til baby is born that they're bringing a boy home to a pink nursery. May as well wait like me!
  • @PebblesMommy We did the same thing with baby#1 the surprise was wonderful and we were both extatic that we had a little girl. With this one, we decided to find out and now we aren't even sure! lol! Go figure!
  • @soon2bmomof2under2 my friend's sister was told girl all throughout her pregnancy and landon turned out to be a boy at birth. And she has 2 sets of identical twins and said that was her biggest surprise. Lol
  • @mam082711 Now THAT is certainly a surprise!!!
  • My best friend was told she was having a girl with her first @ 8months they did an us and she was told she was having a boy lol.
  • @Samantha that's crazy! Did she end up having a boy?!
  • Yup. She knew the whole time too people started buying her girl stuff and she tried telling everyone she was having a boy and everyone thought she was crazy lol. She switched drs and they did an us just to make sure everything was ok and that's how she confirmed her suspicions lol.
  • He is 3 now. And she just had a little girl lol so it is very possible happens more often with being told girl you end up with a boy.
  • I don't think it is that common to be told the wrong gender but some ladies had had it happen I think if u havea boy he will show immediTly. I was told at 12 wks 5 days Jake was a boy.
  • Am in the same boat wit u. The tech couldn't find wat the baby was n then she said a girl n then keep trying n again she said a girl. Idk but my body is saying a boy. Maybe am bugging. We will c in Dec. My son hide a lot n my daughter she was not shy
  • I know 3ppl told the wrong sex! 2 were told girl but came out a boy, 1 was told boy but later ultra sound revealed a girl!
  • A friend of mine was told she was having a boy her whole pregnancy, bought everything blue and on D day Payton came out a little girl... :)
  • Omg ladies im scared now because I a have an ultrasound on the 30th we're having a girl nut hubby keeps saying ok you buying all that girl stuff when she comes out a boy you're gonna be mad. He's been saying it was a boy since we found out. I hope its my girl I have gotten used to caliing her Skylar bought all types of cute stuff im ready for HER if it did come out a boy I wouldnt be dissapointed but I would be sad because I have my hopes on my Beauty Queen
  • Ok, so it is possible that DH could get his boy ;) I'll be sure to update after the ultrasound!!
  • Good luck its never 100% anyways. :)
  • At my ultrasound the baby was breech with its legs crossed and the tech said she guessing a girl but she went back and forth for about 45 min. Me and daddy are hoping for a boy!!! We will find out in Oct.
  • The tech say the same too me...80% girl...We wanna boy but.I do not why I knew that she was a girl....i just hoping she still a girl bc now i like the idea having a girl :-)
  • That's why I joined team yellow....I don't think there are any guarantees until baby is born :)