how did find out that you were pregnant

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
Im due may 18th with my first baby second pregnancy and I was just wondering if anyone had feelings or something that they were pregnant.

I had a dream I had a positive pregnancy test even before I knew I was pregnant with my first pregnancy. With my second pregnancy I was craving nachos and I started to cry when my husband said he didn't want to get them for me. He was like 'are you pregnant?' So of course I had to take the test and sure enough I was!

Comments

• Morning sickness was my unfortunate clue!
  • I knew I was pregnant almost immediately after we had conceived. My breasts were so sore that even putting on a shirt hurt terribly. I had to wait to take a test because at that point I was way too early for a test to tell. But 2 weeks later I got my bfp!
  • Yeah with my first pregnancy I remember going to the chiropractor and laying on my stomach and noticing my boobs would not stop hurting
  • It was instinct with mine. I just had a feeling I needed to take a test and it came out positive.
  • Earlier that month my boyfriend forgot to pick up my birth control before a holiday weekend so there was about 4 or 5 days i didn't have it when i missed my period i took a test it came up negetive two weeks later no period and a test was positive
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • With this pregnancy I had some abdominal pain and had made a doctors appointment so I decided to do a test just cos I knew they would ask me to since I have irregular periods. I normally do tests once a month regardless since with my first I didn't know till I was 27 weeks! Me and my partner were joking about it being positive and next thing we knew we were finding out I was 12 weeks pregnant! Now i'm 30 weeks and glad I took the test at home before going to the doctors! :-)
  • Same thing happened to me with my first. I had a dream about a blue eyed, blonde little boy sitting and playing with blocks, took a test, and i was barely pregnant. Best dream ever!
  • Me and my husband were laying in bed and he told me it looked like my skin was glowing,this was my second pregnancy but first with him, that exact night I farted in my sleep and that was a sure sign for me cuz I only do that when I'm pregnant. I'm now 25.5 weeks with a baby girl.
  • Well, with my first, he was planned. The first time tried we ended up pregnant. He is now almost 4. =)
    Now, with this pregnancy, this little guy wasn't planned. I actually did not think at ALL I was or could be pregnant but one day I was cleaning and I had an at home pregnancy test that was about to expire so I thought, "Heck, I'm gonna have to throw it away anyways..." So, I used it...I was about to throw it in the trash when...POSITIVE showed up! I just stood there, staring at it thinking, "Whaaaaat!?" I actually went and bought another test right after that to make sure that one was right and it was. So, baby boy number two is due April 18. Weird how things work out.
  • This one was also planned. :)
  • Im 21 weeks wasnt planned and I found out by missing my period my bf knew before I did, he told me to take a test and sure enough I was lol
  • I'm four days late. Took a test this morning and its positive. My fieance and I are terrified. I'm still not as excited. It needs to sink in more. I want a baby but wanted to be better prepared
  • April2011, even the ones that planned are still not really ready for a baby. But once he or she is here, nothing else matters and you wouldn't take it back for the world. Congratulations!
  • With this one I started getting sick feeling even I ate so I took a test it came up unresponsive. So a couple mornings later I took another one same result. Called the doc I went in did the test it came up negitive. Now I have to wait till monday when my period "starts" to find out for sure. But I know I am I can just feel it. And the doc said she was almost 99.9% positive. The next 3 days are gonna be hell.
  • edited January 2011
    I felt sickly (low energy, a little nausea) for about two weeks. I figured it may be my thyroid but took a test just to rule out pregnancy and it came back positive. I was 7 or 8 weeks pregnant when I found out and had a baby dream a month prior :)
  • I had a very light period one month, but didn't think anything of it. Then the next month came and no period. I told my boyfriend and he bought me a test. I took both of the 2 in the box, one at night and one the morning before. Both positive. Sooo... I went to the CHC about a week later and they confirmed my pregnancy. And now here I am 17 weeks and 2 days later, pregnant. Ha in a week I find out if its a boy or a girl(: im really excited.
    and my boyfriend didn't leave me and we.re both still in high school.
  • edited January 2011
    I had been planning my child since June when I came back from vacation...I started back on birth control because I was having second thoughts, then my grandma told me that prenatal vitamins help ur hair & nails grow...( I was trying to grow longer hair )...so, my friend brought me some, then I found out they also make you fertile, but by then it was too late, a week before I went to take the test, I had the WORSE backache ever, I had to sleep on the floor, then I went to take the test & the woman asked me what did I want it say & I said positive & when she showed me the tab with the 2 pink lines, I started crying, not because I was happy, but because I was shocked & scared, but I'm happy now & I can't wait until he or she arrives in July.! :)
  • I took 6 tests and all said negative even the one I took the day before I went to the doctor. My urine test at the doctor was negative AND positive so they did blood work and it came back positive. It wasn't planned and I'm only 18 but now I'm super excited!
  • I felt really dizzy for about 2 wks but thought i was just tired but ine day i almost fainted so i took it and positive i took all 3 in the box :)
  • she was complainin about the sore breast too n we noticed she was late. n she said she also had a feelin maybe. cuz she brought up the whole what if I was pregnant conversation. n then we discussed that she was late. then the next day she was like I dont think im gonna get my period.
  • I had nausea when i came bk fr a holiday in korea, & was positive. Luckily e baby was fine as i took flu pills & skiing there. Phew.... :)
  • I had been feeling funny the week before my period should start, I used the nuva ring and always start on the wednesday after I had taken it out, it was thursday afternoon and I still hadn't started and I had a test left from a previous time we'd thought I could be so I was like well maybe I should take it incase I am I might as well not buy my nuva ring and I was shocked when it actually came up positive, we actually went abd bought more test lol
  • Period wasnt due for another week but just had a feeling did a test very faint line thought i was seeing things then did another day after still bit faint in end did 4 haha all positive :)
  • I just "knew" ...which sounds like bs but i did, it was weird. My husband and i had gone off birth control for like 3 weeks just to see what happens and Bam I'm pg. ... i was so disoriented and emotional driving to walmart to get a test that i crashed my pretty new purple dodge charger srt8 into a parking block and nearly ripped off my bumper!! Lol luckily my hubs wasn't mad about the car because the test was a BFP!!!! :)
  • this time I has a feeling I was plus I peef 6 times in 1 hr so I thought I beter check the 1st I was having real bad pains pee test was neg. went to hospital they where like positive, second I only tested because I wanted to go drinking for nye n I only had had one period n it was a fair while back, I.was sure I wasnt so I just did a quick test in the shop toilet bit of a shock for me lol
  • I was eating EVERYTHING in sight and I had a dream that I gave birth to a little girl and my period was a couple days late.... next day I RAN to target to get a test and I've never seen 2 darker lines... now I'm 13 weeks pregnant due July 22nd :)
  • Well I had missed my period in September and went to the doctor and thy test was negative..then I came on the first week in October but towards the end of October beginning of November I was having abdominal pains that were out of this world so I went to heath services on campus and the lady came in and told me I was 6 weeks pregnant....I had never cried so much in my life, I was totally not prepared for that response.now I'm 16 weeks due in in July
  • I was off of .work on a Saturday and I had noticed that I had been eating all day (non stop) I called my boyfriend and told him to pick up a pregnancy test on his way home. I tried to procrastinate by not taking it right away. I took it the next morning and sure enough I was pregnant. I found out at 6 weeks. Now I'm 27 weeks with my little boy Braydon C. Inman!!!
  • My bf nd I had been trying to conceive for a while it just didnt happen so I thought somethin was wrong wit me! I set up appt wit my gyno he thought I might have endometriosis so I wanted to confirm it wit a laporscopy! So my surgery day finally came I was so nerves never had surgery before but any way they did my blood wrk nd everything....rite before I went in for surgery my doc came in and said well we have to cancle yur surgery. I was all y nd he said yur pregnant :) omg I was soo happy I cried so much I even made all the nurses cry. It was amazin we cant wait til our angel arrives!