my mother in law thinks i'm carrying her child and it is freaking me out :(

2»

Comments

• SO I returned to work this week, so I am sorry about getting back to everyone!

@angieahrens OMG I LOVE that idea... BRILLIANT

@mommyof3andexpecting I will check it out :) Thanks!

@zexy4da011 his Dad was being disresepctfuly to me one time, and I snapped something back at him that was a backhanded compliment, and he asked me "Would you talk to your Dad like that?" And I responded, "If he talked to me like you do, he taught me not take that crap from anyone and would be proud I stood up for myself, and probably laugh at the compliment." He was pissed and didn't talk to me for the rest of the day. His mom usually does this when Jason isn't in the room so he thinks I am exaggerating and she would turn it around on me that I was instigating her. I am very leary of saying anyhting to her anymore. :)

@kayleigh27 agreed, think, but I think my husband would just give her the copy again... think the chain idea would be useful though

@blueberrysmom I love that this is your answer to everything, it is like whenever I say a girl is looking at my husband, he knows a kidney punch is going to be brought up :) I dream of this option a lot though!

@one5one I really do appreciate it and will keep you updated. I too have been through a lot and have been taken advantage of and had a lot of crap thrown my way. I would have never guessed years ago that I would now be the girl my friends and coworkers expect to speak up, like the superlative, most likely to fight. I am just trying to be smart on this one. It is family, my husband's mother and one of my baby's grandmother. I do want to punch her in the throat a la blueberrysmom, but I knowthat for the sake of my hubby and my baby, I need to be the better person. BUt I can't let her walk all over me! That is why I am so glad I found Pregly to get points of views and advice from women and mommies who can help and cheer me up. I think I would have been lost this week without you all!!!

Thank-you everyone!!! :) I think I will be able to make it through tomorrow... maybe it will be one of those situations where I have built it up to be so bad in my head it will be a balst and the rain we are getting will make her sleepy and shut her up for the day so the attention is on my hubby and not on her! [-O<
  • I'm too passive or reserved to speak up in some instances. Just been beat down & idk the words...for soo long. Its on my too be too nice & keep things inside. Make my hub do the dirty work. Its like why don't I speak up what's to fear? Everything I guess. Though I've done it & have snapped off. When the pressures too high. I'm sure you'll be fine though. You got all the great tools us.preglys provided. Here's to things going smoothly! [-O<
  • Along with the chain id put one of those baby alarms on the door so when she tries to open it it'll scare the crap outta her. Good luck.
  • Since she wants to b sneaky b sneaky back with her. B like oh this boy sure does eat alot or when you looking at something she brought to the house be like uh uh this has got to go just little shit to piss her off n when she.complain bout you to her or your husband flip the script be like I have no idea wat she talkin bout
  • This is why we have a PO Box. My inlaws have no idea where we live
  • punch that old bitch in the ovaries! she has NO right to be so selfish towards you. it almost sounds like she is jealous of the fact that you are the new family center for her son. seriously just distance yourself from her and get your locks changed xD
  • @one5one I get that, my hubby and I are opposite, I speak up and be the bad guy mainly because he knows I will do it their needs to be done where he wonders if it is really necessary. Once in awhile I make him do it when I am worried I will make meds of it though!!! Lol
    @beaded_bunny that is a dream come true... :)
    @zexy4da011 I decided that overtime they brought up having.g the baby I told them it would be hard bc we were mining to Colorado which my hubby keeps talking about anyway. So they are now Freaking out about that! :)
    @mommy love it!!! We are also moving stuff around and use our side door exclusively... So maybe well keep stuff at the door so she can't get in when she opens the door too!!!
    @sunshinelove. Yeah, your probably right. I made a point to bring up how much I apple fated hubby giving ne a homemade mothers day card and was glad he and my mom remembered. She sent him, no sh!thing, 12 graduation cards and 7 happy birthday cards, but didn't so much as wish me me happy first mothers day when she knows we count this one very much. Hubby opened one card from her at the table and jokingly shook it and looked ass when nothing came out. Do I said, "At least you got a card!" And she turned away from me, which indicates to me she knew what I was saying. So next tear when and if she does, I know she'll say happy first and I'll correct her that that was last year when she ignored me.

So Update: she sat by me for hubby's bday dinner and tried to bringing up the baby clothes she bought herself and I cut her off when she was in the middle of her brag and exclaimed about one of hubby's presents. No matter what I just kept bringing up hubby since it was his day. Then one of her daughters brought in present for her so I got up and used brought my plates to the kitchen and hubby followed me to get more food, didn't know why I got up. I just said the empty plate stuff was making me nauseous and we joked around in kitchen for that whole time she was doing the Ann show at the table. :D it was great.
    So again, thank you all, I know with out your support and input, I would have stayed Ho.e yesterday and hid to keep the peace. You gals are great!!! *hugs*
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have two MILS, and my hubby's real mom is the cool one! She is a total sweetheart and I'm sad she lives 14 hours away. His step mom, however, is a banshee alcoholic from hell who even he detests. Girl I give you props for being dignified in your dealings with yours, because @blueberrysmom throat punch idea is on my list of things to do to mine. Haha
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I understand!! My bd mom tells people I'm having her baby! She asked me When HER due date is. It freaks me out. Like I'm a surrogate mom.
  • Yup its creepy. I go an aunt who says ...hows my son. I said idk have you called him. So yesterday she's like hows my oops our baby. Wtf I did not have this kid with u!! Then she was like... did you see a penis? Whens your ultrasound? I told her I'm waitn for my dr to call w an appt. I have my appt on Thursday. & if it is a boy...with the way she been up my ass for a boy... ima say they couldn't see anything cuz id hate to here her brag & boast...I told u so.
  • Where in co u wanna move? And yah good for u though, stand up for ur self w/o taking it to far
  • Honestly if hubby just thinks you are being emotional. Then suck it up and play her game! When she takes cheap shots at you give em right back to her! Continously refer to her as grandma.. and when she says "her baby girl" say "yes I know your baby GRANDdaughter" make sure she knows you have NO intension of backing down and allowing her to run your world!she'll get it sooner or later... trust!... also you should ALWAYS show up at family functions no matter how much she gets to u. If u start missing stuff now then she going tell hubby to bring the baby to functions without you when she's born and that is a no no, for me at least. She needs to know you, your husband and daughter r a packaged deal.. you are your own unit now. Be strong!
  • Oh and when you cheap shot her back do it with a smile on your face so others think you're joking but she'll know you're not! Lol it will piss her off then she gets a taste of her own medicine.
  • @MrsStanley_x2 UGh, why can't it EVER be the sane nice happy ones live close and the psycho ones live far??
    @ashleyfew wow, I guess I never want to think of that happenening, but if I do, I think she is that psychotic... thanks for giving me a head's up and start thinking to protect myself and children too. Hopefulyl it never comes to that, but you're right, I don't want her ever coming back and saying she was the one who raised my kids and thinks I am incompetant.
    @new_momma WHAT?? THat is seriously messed up. THat is how I have been feeling too. W eboth need to correct them everytime, and not just be passive about it like it's cute they are so e3xcited for us.
    @one5one I wish I had thought of that, unfortunately, hubby was with me when we found out gender... or I totally would have fudged it!
    @natandfer1993 ANYWHERE that isn't here lol!!! and thanks :)
    @marie7s Good call, She is invading our vacation today (because it is hubby's official birthday- we did his party before we left and are vacationing half a state away... leave us alone!!!) so I will correct her and make sure I am clear! And thanks, you are right, I am not going to let her be the reason Imiss anything, I will be present and make sure she knows I AM the mamaand Hubby, is my baby daddy!!! YOu are totally correct and i DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF THAT! THank-yoU!!! Oh, and def about the smile on my face, have mastered that with his dad, now I just got to get it with his mom I guess.
    You all are amazing, thank-you over and over again for your support and caring onthis!!! :)
  • My mil is exactly the same! With my son she didn't talk to me for 3 weeks because I didn't want her coming to our first scan (plus a bunch of other stuff) and last week while he was staying at her house she took him to her friends house to (in her words 'show him off'. Her friend lives a 2 he journey away! Then when I told her I was pregnant again she told me SHE wants a girl this time and if its a boy SHES exchanging it, wtf! She says she refuses to call our baby by the names we've picked up because she wants it to be called Emily or Jackson! I took her our scan fotos to show her and I left them there by mistake so my bd rang her and told her to drop them off where he works when shes on her way to work and she said 'oh I can't sorry I'm on my way there now but I'm taking them to show my work friends MY new baby' my bd just snapped at her and said that she had to take them round to his work place now because there OUR pictures of OUR baby and we want to show other people. She completely lost it saying that she would take them back but its not fare on her because its her baby to and she wants to show everyone. It's not your baby wtf! It's OURS!! don't get me wrong I appreciate that she looks after my little boy for the night from time to time but he's (and this baby) OUR child its OUR names on his birth certificate not hers
  • edited May 2011
    @mums_the_word wow. My mil demanded a girl from me 6 yrs ago when we got married. Turns out her daughters only had one between them and she lives in Japan so mil missed out. That's not my fault! Doesn't make this her baby either. I can't believe yours is going as far as trying to name then... Where does she get off??? Unbelievable. We won't tell my mil what we want to name her, so she is pissed about that of course. Whatever!
  • @jellybelly1015 I know it isn't fair! I would switch them AND all my sil's in a heartbeat. They act better than me because THEY think that I see myself as better than them because I'm in college. It is completely ridiculous. I don't trust this mil with my dog let alone my children When they come. No way!
  • I know how u feel, my partners mum is exacally the same
  • Oh nice I live in summit county!
    I love it here
  • Hubs going with me Thursday for our scan. Hoping it goes well & we see pink but health is more important. As I read these other ladies post...I see there are a lot of crazy people around!
  • Hey tell you mil that you guys are planning to moved out of the state before the baby born....just to see her reaction , tell her that u are moving to japan or somewhere else far away from her ... :-?