Working till you pop?

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
I work as a nurse assistant at a hospital. I'm due in 15 days and have 8, 12 hour night shifts left to get through, not in a row lol but still 8 of them unless I have this baby first.

Just wondering how many other pregly ladies are still working this close to DD and how it's going for you? Or who out there plans to work till they pop?

Be convenient if I went into labor at work, I'd only have an elevator ride down of 3 floors to get to L&D!

Comments

• Hi I'm 37+3 and working until 39 weeks! Im a hairdresser and thought I'd be ok as last time I finished a month before dd and went over 11 days. But this time I've had low iron which was ignored until I nearly passed out and now got a water infection so on antibiotics...also with a 20 month old to look after. Wish I finished last week now
  • Nope. 36 weeks and I peaced out!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm working until at least 39 weeks and I work in nyc as a paralegal so I have to commute. Its not that far but these last 9 weeks are gonna suck! At least you will be in the hospital already...we are strong, we can do this! :0) at least that's what I'm telling myself :)
  • I'll be working til I'm 36wks
  • The plan is to work until I go into labor. I'm 32 weeks. Its getting tough.
  • I plan on working til baby arrives... I am a teacher so I have been able to relax but have to go back next week at 35 weeks. What's the fairness in that?! Lol
  • I'm 34 weeks, and plan to work till I pop! I'm a hairdresser, and very busy so I have to pack lots of snacks and drinks because I dont get many breaks. I hope I can make it til the end for my clients but honestly I already feel terrible.
  • I'm 32wks and hope to make it another 4 weeks... But am mentally done and mist days physically!
  • I worked last time 40 hour weeks until the day before my induction at 39 weeks 6 days. Those last few weeks my hips hurt like CRAZY, but otherwise, I felt ok. This time I plan to work until the end too, but my job is lots easier.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 29 days of hell to go at work. Even if she doesnt come on due date I am starting my leave then. Unless she comes early lets hope not! Im ready to be done I cry when I go to work. Ugh! Hang in there mamas we can do it!
  • I did plan on working up to it but I couldn't take it any more! I work for Fedex so its very physical, not to mention this baby is one package I did NOT want to be delivering at work! Lol I stopped last week at 36 wks..thank the Lord!!!
  • Im still working at 33+3wks at a law firm...I plan on working till im 37 or 38 weeks :/
  • My job normally is super physical but all the nurses at work and other nurse assistants are pretty helpful, as long as I get through my vitals 3 times a shift and my patients are good I can end up sitting down for a good chunk of the night. But just the act if staying there for 12 hours is getting harder and harder. But I need the money lol so ohhh well I can suffer through. I'll be getting half pay while on maternity leave which is better then some people get but still not enough to live on, hopefully hubbys business picks up while I'm on leave and can supplement what were losing from my job.
  • I am 29 weeks and last week at my dr apt my dr said she was probably going to take me out soon. Since then I have been diagnosed with gest diabetes and possible pre e so I'm kind of hoping this is my last week because I'm EXHAUSTED and still working 45-50hr weeks. Fortunately my work pays 100% for up to 26 weeks so I only have to deal with boredom for a while!
  • Way to go ladies! May we all have a smooth and quick labor, all this working has to be good for something right? I am 37 weeks today I planned to work as a waitress til I pop but my boss is not having it. She wants me off schedule a week before I am due. They are all so afraid I am going to go in to labor at work. My doctor would never let me out of work early she thinks it great. I am thankful I can still work I feel great. @jennifurrfurr that's kinda like my situation when I got pregnant hubbys work slowed so not as much of a leave as was planned but oh well thankful for any leave I get at this point
  • Im working till 38 weeks only because were shorot handed...I wwork 9 and 10 hour shifts and its ggetting to be too much already:( I may ask for. A doctors note today for shorter shifts or something...my tummy hurts when I get off work but I feel obligated to work:(
  • yupp working untill im 39 weeks theirs never enough money when ur gettin ready ta have a baby:)
  • Ugh I'm at work right now and it's crazy busy! Deff making me wish I'd gone out on leave right about now lol. Just trying to keep that pay check in mind lol
  • I was planning on working to 39wks but I may go longer. Idk
  • Im a case manager with children and families....im 34weeks.....and I work 35 to 45 hour a week depending...i havent been there long enough to get fmla and my leave will be unpaid, so I plan to work until 3days before my due date. Most days I feel find but other days im not sure I can make it.
  • i also a cna and im still workn it gets hard but im kinda glad i am my days go by quicker im due aug 31 and work 8 hour shifts 4 days on and 2 off
  • I'm updating my answer, bc my mil drives me nuts when I am home (she channels my husband when she is not here). I want to work till I POP and hide with my baby after. :)
  • @lovemylife11 thats when I'm due! Is this your first?

@jellybelly1015 lol I hear you about the mil! Mine has way to many opinions about how we should do things! Is your due date 10/15? Thats my hubbys b-day :)
  • unless complications come up i plan to work untill my water breaks if at ll possible but i guess we shall see
  • Yes an hes being stubborn not want to come out!! Is this ur first
  • Yep our first too, only had bad braxton hicks once the other day :/