VERY annoyed and stressed with throwing a babyshower for myself!

Sooo I am having 2 babyshowers for the reason that having one would be too much for my mom (I decided that for her). She was throwing it by herself and I felt bad that she would have to plan a party for me for 150+ people. So I told my bf to split up my family and his family into 2 babyshowers. But now I'm stuck planning everything on my own and I have NEVER thrown a party in my life. Besides the fact that atleast in my culture people don't throw themselves babyshowers. I'm also kinda hurt and pissed that nobody in his family offered to throw me one or help me. Ugh so stressed! My bf is not of much help since he has no clue what is needed for a babyshower...you know men 8-| I don't even know where to start...any suggestions???

Comments

• invites
    food
    games (optional)
    prizes for the games
    decorations
    favors
    really whatever you wanna do..
  • @nameless got the invites, food is probably what is stressing me out the most. How in the world do I know how much to get or order?? How many prizes do I get??
  • How many games are you going to play? If you already have your list of games then you get your prizes. I had alot of prizes left over! Lol & alot of food.
  • depending on how many games you want and the food..well what are you having?
    idk how much food to have w/50 people but i know people are fattys in my family so Im like thanksgiving -lots
  • @HisMom20 I don't even know! Lol...I'm really lost. What would be a good number of games??

@nameless I was either going to order something from a restaurant like chicken and a few sides. Or cook out on the grill but that is too many people to grill for I think :-?
  • @ExcitedForOctober everybody is different. It just depends what games you want to play! & how long are you gonna have your shower for? Lol
  • @HisMom20 Maybe what I can do is wait for my first babyshower and see how many games we play THEN copy for my second babyshower ;-) Would 3 be good maybe? I was thinking maybe some lotions from VS as gifts? Any other ideas for gifts?
  • @HisMom20 Maybe what I can do is wait for my first babyshower and see how many games we play THEN copy for my second babyshower ;-) Would 3 be good maybe? I was thinking maybe some lotions from VS as gifts? Any other ideas for gifts?
  • @HisMom20 Holy crap sorry for the triple post...
  • I gave little gift baskets that I made an they had lotions body wash & hand wash. They were really cute though I wanted to keep one for myself but the last ladies to leave we gave them the prizes lol I bought over 11 games & we played like 5 maybe lol everybody was to busy eating & socializinh so it was fun. I also gave these like nice candles that had all this stuff to it lol but the older ladies liked that lol
  • Socializing*
  • For mine we doin a lil gift bag .. on www.showermybaby.com its great they have loadsaaaa stuff they got these lil plastic dummies n stuff we gunna add n we also gettin candles amd buying some sticky lables with babys name and stuff on with a pic of him either scan or 3d
  • edited August 2011
    Follow this step by step and you'll do great! Good luck, hun!

http://m.wikihow.com/Throw-a-Baby-Shower
  • At my shower, the prizes were giftcards to starbucks. Gift cards can be a good option, its not very much work since you'll be planning the shower yourself. With food, if its within your budget to get it catered, that would relieve a lot of stress, so you wouldn't have to cook it all yourself. You can look up catering companies in your area, go to a restaurant that caters, tell them how many people you have, and they can give you options and prices depending on what kinda food you want. My shower was catered, it was a brunch. Everyone loved the food! (eggs, bacon, sausage, shrimp & grits, waffle station w/toppings, fruit, biscuits, carved ham & rolls, toast, juice, coffee, and tea) A brunch can sometimes be cheaper than having a lunch or dinner menu. Then we also had a cake. I had two games at my shower.