High blood pressure?

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
does anyone know what is considered high blood pressure wise? Mine was 143/82?

Comments

• Anything 140/90 and above is considered high. Your doctor should be watching your bp since its quite high now.
  • @MommyOfTwoPrincesses they put me in this gtoup where they check all of that amd it counts as our monthly dr appointment. Its npt my normal dr and I try to ask questions bc im hogh risk but it just seems like she brushes me off.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ashleyfew and @amab13 im just getting worried bc this is around the time I started having problems w my first and I tried to ask her but she just says I was probably stressed I guess Ill see what happens at the high risk dr the 29th. I just really want my old doc back I dont like this one she is also the same one that wouldnt listen to me when I kept tellimg her my first was losing her heart beat and sent me home and come to find out my baby was sick and had her cord aroumd her neck
  • The second number is apparently the one they really worry about. 80 is borderline high. 90+ is high. If it goes over 100 frequently they may put you on medicine.they will keep/should keep you monitored if it gets to 80+.i had to be put on meds because of hbp. I also switched drs cause of it. My last dr just let my bp run wild and once I came to my new dr her was upset she never watched it or put me on any monitoring or anything.
  • I just feel like they dont listen or care
  • Mine usually runs 125-135 over 60-70's and they consider it high and put me on blood pressure meds the first appt. Rather annoying but if they think its for the best I don't mind so much.
  • I have been battling my bp problem since March. I now have all the symptoms of pre-eclampsia and as of last friday my bp finally spiked above to 165/91. My doctor now has me as high risk and is monitoring me weekly I may be having my baby before my 39 week induction after all!
    It sucks and I thought my doctor was brushing me off as well all pregnancy my highest was 154/83 all it took was the bottom number spiking above 90.
  • Thank you! Im already high risk and had alot of problems so im just getting nervous. Thank you for all the advice!
  • @Cmasat4 good luck! Let me know how everything goes!
  • @amab13 I've also had really high blood pressure the past couple of weeks. Just like you all my lab work comes back fine. I've done several 24 urine and they also come back fine. I'm actually doing another one today. I get NST's twice a week too. My doctor says its just gestational hypertension. I'm now 35 weeks and my doctor just let me know that I'll more than likely be induced at 37 or 38 weeks. today my blood pressure was 145/105 for the first reading and then 125/89. The second number is why he worries.
  • @mollysmama I will let you know I have another appointment on Friday and I hope it goes better!
  • @Cmasat4 yay! I need a pregly pal lol...good luck! Are you having a boy or girl?
  • @mollysmama another girl due Sept 22nd but I have had the weirdest like intuition feeling that she won't last til then anyway. Plus my doc will induce at 39 if she doesn't come earlier now. Tomorrow is 4 weeks til induction max! I'm getting nervous. How about you boy or girl?
    [-O<
  • @Cmasat4 the dr is almost positive im having a boy so hopefully they know for sure on the 29th... I have an 18 mth old little girl named molly as well. I had the same feeling with molly. They planned to have to induce at 37 wks but I had her before that.
  • @Cmasat4 the dr is almost positive im having a boy so hopefully they know for sure on the 29th... I have an 18 mth old little girl named molly as well. I had the same feeling with molly. They planned to have to induce at 37 wks but I had her before that.
  • @mollysmama How far along are you? I wish I could tonight but my hubby is a truck driver and we plan for him to stay home after the first of Sept until mid Oct so as of Sept first I would like to deliver. I'm 35 weeks per due date but since March they baby has been a consistant week ahead in growth so shes 36 weeks tomorrow. Do you have any names picked yet?
  • @Cmasat4 im 19 wks. Boys names are so much harder than girls names!