Dear God, someone help me!!!! Quitting Meth ** update at top**

2»

Comments

• Sometimes they have state or county funded detox centers paid for by the state. Meth is no joke and people on Meth don't care about anyone or anything else but Meth. I know she's your sister and u love her but she's not your responsibility. Do u have any other family that can help? U can lose your kids with that in your house, maybe that's what u can tell her to clear your conscience. I used to do Meth like 11 years ago when I was 18 and its nasty and will never touch it again. Its a choice and u don't wean yourself off. That's just an excuse to keep using. If it was heroin that would be different. A close friend was on that and didn't know their health depended on it and could die without continuing to use. She's been in a free rehab for 2 months now. Call the county or surrounding counties they might know where she can go. Good luck!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • On what podgemarine said she's exactly right. In Cali if your arrested and its drug related they send u to a rehab / detox that is state funded and ordered by the state.
  • I don't know hun i't is a hard situation It sounds horrible but if she doesn't check herself in, you probably should call the cops. People on drugs will do a lot of things they aren't thinking about to get money and the drugs., I'm so sorry this happened. Hopefully they will check her in to a clinic where she can get the help she need. Call around to local hospitals.
  • Meth is not a drug you need to be weened off. Its not like heroin where a medical detox has to happen. She should flush whatever she has and sleep for a week. Then the healing can begin meth is awful drug I know first hand it has ruined to many peoples lives close to me. My husband and I have both been clean for years!
    And jail is not gonna help yea she will have to stay clean but it will also put her near people where you live that can get the drug. In ca court ordered rehab and treatments are a joke! And cost a lot of money then you have a wrap sheet.
  • Lots of sound advice on here ladies. I've been a substance abuse counselor for eight yrs and addicts don't just ween themselves off drugs successfully without addressing their other issues. I agree that she needs inpatient tx and needs to be way from your kids. Good luck, you're a very caring sister.
  • If she refuses treatment I would kick her a** out the front door! You can't help someone if they don't want to help themselves. You have bigger more important things going on and to worry about. I wish you the best of luck!
  • http://interventionamerica.org/Detoxification/citydirectory.cfm?State=MI&city=

this is a link to all drug rehabs/detox centers in AMerica and highlighted are the ones in your area!! Hope this helps! Good luck and remember tough love! %%-