3 month old teething

edited August 2011 in Babies
My 3 month old is teething and so is a grumpy little boy. He's too young to hold onto a teething ring so in not sure what to do. I give him teething powder and he has calpol before bed as it seems worse when he's tired. I do hold the teething ring for him sometimes but I obviously can't do that all day. He's so clingy and grumpy I'm exhausted and I feel so bad for him. Does anybody have any teething advice?

Comments

• Let the baby teeth on a clean finger or knuckle. That's what they prefer most for the first tooth, it offers great counterpressure. Most babies won't use a teething ring until they're a bit older. But just know it could still be a couple months before the tooth cuts.
  • Have u seen those new teething things by mam. I was just in babies r us other day. They are like a pacifier but for teething. N they have all different styles for 1 month old an up. They look cool n seem like they would work better that teething ring for ur little one. Look it up ;-)
  • sorry, meant to say one of YOUR clean knuckles/fingers. not his own obviously lol...
  • edited August 2011
    My son cut his fist tooth at 3 months. He loves his hand lol.which is fine for him to do as well as my knuckle. well not anymore that tooth is sharp lol. But we also tried teething gel and it worked miracle. I have to hold his teething ring in his mouth so I know what you mean.

@urmomwasright I got one of those and I love it but on thepackage it says they have to be supervised with it. There not supposed to suck on so you still have to hold it.