childrens books

edited August 2011 in Just for Fun
Whas ur favorite childrens book? Eather classic or something u read recently andwhats it about? Mine is limu the blue turtle. Its a hawaiian book about a sea turtle that's blue not green n the turtles don't like him so he goes off on adventures and makes new friends. Its cute. I bought it for my unborn son that might have DS. I like it cause the moral is one of those just because ur a little different doesn't mean u can't become something great Sorta stories.

Comments

• Any childrens book? Chicka Chicka Boom Boom :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Grumblebunny! The art work is so cool! Apparently it scares some kids tho. :/
  • Any of the pidgeon books by Mo Willems! Don't Let the Pidgeon Stay Up Late, The Pidgeon Wants a Puppy, Don't let the Pidgeon Drive the Bus...

We are reading a chapter a night of Charlotte's Web to my 6 1/2 year old son and 5 year old daughter right now as well!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Green eggs and ham is my husbands fav book to this day. Even though it may be above his reading level! :O
  • Green eggs and ham, hands down! Its my favoritr children's book of all time
  • The monster at the end of this book!! I love that book. My mom saved it from whn I was little and its now in the nursery for my daughter on the way
  • Are you my mother. It's about a little bird looking for his mom.
  • On the Night You Were Born. It's a really beautiful book that tells kids how each of them are special and unique.
  • If you give a mouse a cookie. I loved that book as a kid, I would check it out from the library at lest once a month
  • dr. S" Oh the places you will go!!! " i like the ending.. Kid youll move mountians... :X
  • I like all of dr suess's books. Also like if u give a pig a pancake
  • edited August 2011
    My daughter is 18 months old. Her favorites are Guess How Much I Love You, Good Night Moon, Big Red Barn, A Cuddle for Little Duck, The Going to Bed Book, and The Peter Rabbit series. My favorite was The Velveteen Rabbit.
  • @mommyrn I just bought that book for my sons bday ! Its a sweet book :)
  • Go the F*ck to Sleep.
  • "Oh the places you will go" is my fav too!!! @blueberrysmom that book is soooo funny because it it sooo true!!! Haha... Makes me laugh just thinking of it. Now im gonna have to go find it on utube.
  • I KNEW @blueberrysmom was gonna say that lol! I've got to vote for Brown Bear Brown Bear, What Do You See? And I also love, If You Give a Pig a Pancake. But after all that reading, Victoria better go the fu¢k to sleep lmao!!!
  • Moo Baa La la la I love Sandra Boynton
  • I love the hawaii books. The lessons are good and illustrations are cute lol. I borrow most from the library tho. I don't have a fave book. Me and my kids go to the library and borrow 20+ books every b couple weeks lol
  • Oh I have so many! If you've never read my first one click on the link. It'll give you the words without illustrations but you get the meaning. The pictures add so much. It's such a sweet book and all moms should read. :)

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
    http://www.rogerknapp.com/inspire/loveforever.htm

The Giving Tree

Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

All of Laura Numeroff's series- If you give a mouse a cookie...

• Here are some more that teach good lessons
    Amazing Grace by Mary Huffman
    Oliver Button is a Sissy by Tomie dePoala
    Amelia's Road and I can't remember the author
    I'm an elementary teacher so I have a huge library and love love love children's books. I'm so glad to be able to share that with my daughter when she's here.
  • Im so happy u mentioned the giving tree I was going to! Also I live you forever is a great one too
  • Live=love stupid phone!
  • I was gonna say The Giving Tree too my mom read that to me all the time when I was little! Great memories :)
  • Guess how much I love you is much loved in my house. As is duck in a truck. Im a huge reader and seem to have passed on this love of stories to my 4yr old. He recently told me he needs more books :-)