potato soup?? HELP ME:)

edited August 2011 in Food
I need a recipe lol I don't like carrots in mine.. I just like cheese and potatoes an a little bit of bacon on top. But I need something easy Haha im having a major must have craving for this!!!!

Comments

• Have you tried the loaded baked potato soup??? Let me find a recipe for it, it is delish!!!
  • Give me a few minutes to type it out, but Ill give you what I know of my Uncle Rays!! :) Ps...its amazing
  • or o'charley's loaded baked potato soup- thats what my mom makes & it is amazing, here is the recipe!

http://www.food.com/recipe/ocharleys-loaded-potato-soup-18599
  • When we make it, we peel the potatos and cut them into small pieces before boiling them. When their done boiling, we use the same water their cooking in and add cream of mushroom soup and velveta (sp?) cheese. You can also add in a can of cheddar cheese soup, if you like. We usually make a HUGE pot so we use 4 or 5 cans of soup and a whole block of cheese, but you shouldnt need that much. Also, my mom adds onions (yuck!) lol, if you try this I hope you Enjoy!! :)
  • @mommyofchristmasbaby I love theirs but it has a bit too much cheese in it for me.. I like a lot of potato flavor and the cheese to balance it. theirs is very good though thank you:))))

@mommyofangels thank you! My mom makes some awesome soup but she won't tell me her recipe. She's like I made some potato soup today I freezed you some for when I see you in sept.. im like woman that's messed up to do to your pregnant daughter hahaha
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mshahir heck no! I can't do it. I have ocd about my food too bad to put that in there lol

@mommyofangels I think I might end up taking bits and pieces from a couple recipes of what I like and make my own Haha
  • @kara_lamek try what @mommyofangels said, her sounds amazing!!! Just finished eating & now I'm craving potato soup!! thank you! haha
  • @kara_Lamek I dont know the exact recipe, but I sure do know whats in it! :) I love potato soup. Have fun inventing your own!! :) I bet it'll be good.
  • idk what potato soup is but do u like corn? in my corn chowder i put potatos, onion, creamed corn, corn and bacon. and always eat it with BLT on the side lol
    Photobucket
    ...no cheese tho haha
  • http://stolenmomentscooking.com/loaded-baked-potato-soup/ best. ever. It takes a while, but its so worth it, I promise!
  • This has chicken pototoes and rice I add bacon and sour cream on top itss soo yummy i like avacdos too so it works for me
    Ingredients:
    3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, patted dry
    Salt and pepper
    3/4 red onion, chopped
    1 pound red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
    1/2 cup rice
    One 32-ounce container (4 cups) chicken stock
    1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1 avocado—peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    1/4 cup sour cream

Cut the fat and calories by using chicken cutlets instead of chicken thighs.

Peel and chop the avocado just before serving to prevent browning.

Add chicken broth, tortilla chips and shredded cheese to stretch leftovers.

Directions:
    In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the pot until golden on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes; transfer to a work surface. Add three-quarters of the onion to the pot, lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for 1 minute.

Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and return to the pot with any of its juices. Stir in the rice, chicken broth and 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 15 to 18 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the parsley and avocado. Serve with the sour cream and remaining onion.

• @mshahir LMFAOOOO your hair makes me Haha priceless.

@mommyofchristmasbaby blame my mother lol she did it to me! They sound delicious!

@mommyofangels ill let you know how it goes. Im gonna make it this weekend. Lol but im gonna take some of your uncles ingredients:)))

@myheartzx3 potato soup is the most amazing thing ever. And I've never ate corn chowder before. I don't like corn in things so it would probably weird me out Haha I just like corn by itself. But it does look very yummy to be honest. You would probably like potato soup if you like baked potatoes Haha

@maranda3 that looks good!! Is that the recipe you use? If so do you change anything on it?
  • @mommi_of2 I don't have a dutch oven...
  • i've never heard of potato soup. ima google a recipe lol
  • I dont either I just use a big pot on the stove sorry i forgot to put that
  • @mommi_of2 lol its ok I was just kinda let down Haha but I have plenty of pots! I love this recipe im definitely gonna write it down. Avacados are a weakness of mine lol

@myheartzx3 do it if you bad;) you live in hawaii right?
  • Lol yeah and that's prob why I never heard of potato soup
  • @myheartzx3 my mom lived over there for a long time!!! Lol but its ok you should try it one day!
  • Ohh really...that's cool. Why'd she leave? Lol jk :p
  • @myheartzx3 she never wanted to leave lol but family issues came up. Her mom stayed sick. She graduated from high school there and everything. She lived on wikiki beach.. sorry idk how to spell it. She said she worked on the beach selling sunblock and tanning oils haha
  • i do broth, milk or half n half.. depending on how creamy you like it.. it always turnsz out good.. after you get it to the consistancy you like than add cheese of chioce.. love it.. i dont messure sorry
  • @lae3 me either lol
  • It is the recipe I use. I think I add more cheese to the soup cause I like it cheesy. And personally I this k its easier to brown the bacon then chop instead of the other way. I've got tons of compliments on it. Its absolutely yummy!
  • @maranda3 im definitely using this recipe tomorrow lol it looks like what my mom makes. Simple ingredients great taste.o
  • Let me know how you like it! I may have to make it now too!!
  • @maranda3 my soup was fabulous. I didn't use the flour in it. But ohh man it hit the spot! Thank you!
  • No problem! Glad you liked it! The flour is only to thicken it up and its plenty thick anyways.