At wat age do kids start school?

edited August 2011 in Parenting
Jut wondering at wat age do they usually start? i Have a 3 yr old nd everyone i asking me why isnt he styarting but i think he to small, but he nows his colors nd counts to 10 nows his name nd bday nd few of his abc!

Comments

• I, think 3 is to young,.but it depends if you feel he is ready for that type of interaction with kids and a teacher.
  • It's a personal choice..I put my son in preschool at 4 and he did just fine..don't let anyone tell u otherwise, he's your child! :)_
  • yea i was thinking that but i guess there saying cuz hell turn 4 nxt month, but when i called one og the local chools they said they had tobe 4 before school starts so idk if i should have enrolled him?
  • 4 is a good age for pre-school dont listen to others. I say let em be babies as long as possible.
  • In TX public they need to be 5 by Sept 1 for Kinder... Private is different... Dont know about Pre-K cause my daughter was in a private pre-k from about 3 1/2 I think... but we payed for it (More a daycare too)...
  • My son is 3 an I jus signed him up for preschool. I'm nervous at little things. I'm scared he wil b scared, I'm scared for him to ride the bus, scared they wil lose him on a fieldtrip... lol I think he wil do great, but bein the mom I am...I will prolly sit in my car outside the school until I know evrything is fine.
  • 3 is too young for Kindergarden, but you could do preschool or possibly Headstart depending on your financial situation.

For Kindergarden most places, you need to turn 5 by Sept. 30. So he'll probably go next year.
  • I don't know if it differs by state but technically you don't have to enroll them until 6 but you can as early as 3
  • I think its all up to you and whether or not the child is ready. I suggest the child be potty trained. My 3 yr old just started pre-k and of course I was very nervous. We decided he was ready because he was potty trained and he is a SUPER social person and needed to be around other kids his age. And he can pay attention and follow instructions.
  • @everybody well hes potty trained , but i feel hes not ready hes my bby even tough im expecting i think hes ready but idk how hell be without me weve never been aprt hes so close to me
  • I have a 3 year old an I can't imagine putting him in school he's still like a baby to me
  • If you don't feel he's ready then don't make him go. Don't worry about other people, they all have their stupid opinions. 3 is very young. Mine wouldn't be going if he wasn't so darn talkative and social. He could make friends with a fence post.
  • edited August 2011
    Well my son turns 3 in March of 2012 he will be attending a private headstart in August of 2012. But everyones situation and reasoning for sending them at 3 is different so do what you feel is best :). If I could send him now I would. Lol He's very smart for his age. He know his 1st and last name, his DOB, he can count to 15, fully potty trained, knows my 1st and last name, knows 5 of his colors, recognizes plus can draw a circle & square and a lot more.